Stories about superinvestors such as Warren Buffett.
Submitted by VINBot on Tue, 2017-03-21 15:39
- Jack Bogle, founder of the Vanguard group and creator of the first index fund, told CNBC PRO he is worried that just three firms - Vanguard, BlackRock and State Street - dominate the passive investing game.
- "The industry structure I think is going to have to change in a more mutual direction where the client comes first and not the investment manager and particularly not the financial conglomerates that own 30 of the 50 largest mutual fund companies," Bogle said.
Submitted by VINBot on Tue, 2017-03-21 11:23
- On Apple's run in the market: "The December quarter was pretty solid. The guidance wasn't as poor as people expected. The supply chain is starting to think about ramping up for the new iPhone 8. So I think investor confidence is just increasing. Now, we're going to see a strong iPhone 8 cycle, and then of course, you have Warren Buffett buying in, which suggests that maybe there are more moats around Apple than investors have given it credit for."
Submitted by VINBot on Tue, 2017-03-21 09:40
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2017-03-17 09:37
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2017-03-17 08:32
Submitted by VINBot on Wed, 2017-03-15 12:31
Submitted by VINBot on Mon, 2017-03-13 11:20
- Former President Barack Obama stopped off in Omaha, Nebraska, Sunday to meet with billionaire investor Warren Buffett, the Omaha World-Herald reports.
- Obama had lunch with Warren and Susie Buffett, an unannounced visit that involved no press corps.
- "I'm not going to talk about the meeting," Susie Buffett told the Omaha World-Herald.
Submitted by VINBot on Thu, 2017-03-09 12:34
- According to the latest Hurun Global Rich List, published by the China-based Hurun Report research unit, there are now 2,257 billionaires in the world - up 3 percent from last year.
- "Billionaires are concentrating wealth at a supercharged rate," Rupert Hoogewerf, Hurun Report's chairman and chief researcher, said in a statement.
- China added 41 net new billionaires last year, while the U.S. netted an additional 17.
Submitted by VINBot on Wed, 2017-03-08 10:29
- Billionaire investor David Tepper told CNBC on Wednesday that Warren Buffett turned out to be right to buy Apple since late last year.
- Tepper's Appaloosa Management trimmed its Apple stake late last year, according to the hedge fund's fourth quarter 13F filing with regulators.
- Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway was buying Apple at the end of last year through Jan. 31, when the tech giant reported earnings, Buffett revealed on CNBC last month.
Submitted by VINBot on Wed, 2017-03-08 08:57
- His key examples are being skeptical of housing before the bust and also investing heavily in the bank's consumer business even after interest rates fell post-2008 and the near-term profitability of the business shrank.
Submitted by VINBot on Tue, 2017-03-07 10:53
- Strine's critics - largely hedge funds and hedge fund advisers - privately criticized the paper, arguing that a justice should not be on the record condemning a group of people that tend to litigate in his court and the lower Delaware courts.
- Buffett separately took aim at hedge funds and the fees that they charge.
Submitted by VINBot on Mon, 2017-03-06 12:48
- The HFRI Fund Weighted Composite Index, which tracks various strategies of hedge fund performance, gained 5.45 percent during 2016.
- Still, the report showed a greater correlation between fund performance and bonus pay than in years' past.
- Expectations for those employees in firms with lower performance showed lower bonus expectations, and the opposite was true for employees at high-performing firms.
Submitted by VINBot on Mon, 2017-03-06 10:19
- One of the reasons a home is a terrific buy is because of the 30-year mortgage.
- A 30-year mortgage is "The best instrument in the world," Buffett says.
- Don't miss: Warren Buffett once bought Bill Gates lunch at McDonald's with coupons.
Submitted by VINBot on Sun, 2017-03-05 11:00
- Warren Buffett's advice for ordinary investors is simple: Invest your retirement portfolio in an S&P 500 index fund.
- Betterment has no account minimum while you will need at least $3,000 to invest directly in an S&P 500 index fund at Vanguard.
- Robo-advisors generally charge an annual fee between 0.25 percent and 0.50 percent of assets on top of the expenses of the underlying investments.
Submitted by VINBot on Sat, 2017-03-04 14:04
- Berkshire Hathaway Chairman and CEO Warren Buffett recently listed his Laguna Beach, California vacation home for $11 million.
- What you may be surprised to find out is that Buffet, one of the world's richest people, took out a 30-year mortgage when he bought the 6 bedroom, 7 bathroom seaside spot.
- As for Buffett's main house in Omaha, Nebraska - don't expect to see that on the market anytime soon.