Holdings and activity of leading value funds.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Thu, 2017-02-16 12:47
- Charlie Munger just held the annual meeting at the Daily Journal and shared his thoughts on a wide range of topics.
- For other books he likes, be sure to check out out Charlie Munger's recommended reading list.
- For more on him, check out the book Charlie Munger: The Complete Investor as well as notes from the previous Charlie Munger Daily Journal meetings.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Thu, 2017-02-16 12:15
Submitted by MarketFolly on Wed, 2017-02-15 07:00
- Scuttleblurb.com is giving our readers a free 1-week trial.
- With earnings season in full swing, it's the ideal time to check it out.
- Scuttleblurb provides subscribers with balanced and insightful fundamental equity analysis and commentary on companies across a variety of industries, as well as time-saving summaries of earnings calls and sell-side conferences.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Mon, 2017-02-13 13:29
- Columbia Business School has released the Winter 2017 edition of its Graham & Doddsville newsletter.
- In it, they feature a great interview with Guy Shanon and Michael Blitzer of Kingstown Capital.
- Lastly, this edition includes student investment pitches on short Foot Locker, long Axalta Coating Systems, and short Cardtronics.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Mon, 2017-02-13 13:20
- Ricky Sandler's hedge fund firm Eminence Capital has filed a 13G with the SEC regarding shares of Imperva.
- Per the filing, Eminence now owns 9.7% of the company with over 3.19 million shares.
- This is a newly disclosed equity position for Eminence and the filing was made due to activity on January 31st, 2017.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Mon, 2017-02-13 13:15
- Reas Halvorsen's hedge fund firm Viking Global has filed a 13G with the SEC regarding shares of Myovant Sciences.
- Per the filing, Viking now owns 61.8% of the company with over 37.23 million shares.
- This is a newly disclosed public equity position for the firm and the filing was made due to activity on December 31st. However, Viking previously invested in private company Roivant Sciences.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Wed, 2017-02-08 12:56
Submitted by MarketFolly on Tue, 2017-02-07 13:25
- The content provided within this blog is property of MarketFolly.com and any views or opinions expressed herein are those solely of MarketFolly.com and do not represent that of any firm or institution.
- MarketFolly.com is not an investment advisor of any kind, so do not consider anything on this page to be legal, tax, or investment advice.
- MarketFolly.com is not responsible for any 3rd party links or content.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Tue, 2017-02-07 12:57
- Michael Pausic's hedge fund firm Foxhaven Asset Management has filed a 13G with the SEC regarding Trivago.
- Per the filing, Foxhaven now owns 8.7% of Trivago with over 2.61 million shares.
- At the end of the third quarter in 2016, Foxhaven also owned almost 800,000 shares of Expedia too.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Tue, 2017-02-07 12:00
- Jeff Ubben's activist firm ValueAct Capital recently announced an agreement with Allison Transmission to sell shares back to the company, per an 8-K filed with the SEC. Allison will buy 10.52 million shares at a price of $34.50 per share and the transaction is expected to close tomorrow.
- Just yesterday, we highlighted how ValueAct also sold some Microsoft shares.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Mon, 2017-02-06 12:46
- Jeff Ubben's activist investment firm ValueAct Capital has filed two separate Form 4's with the SEC regarding their recent activity.
- Per the filing, ValueAct sold 11 million shares between February 1st through 3rd at prices of $63.72, $63.12, and $63.33.
- Second, ValueAct has also filed a Form 4 with the SEC regarding their Alliance Data Systems stake.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Mon, 2017-02-06 12:45
- Doug Silverman and Alex Klabin's hedge fund firm Senator Investment Group has filed two 13G's with the SEC recently.
- First, Senator has filed a 13G on Star Bulk Carriers indicating they own 6.83% of the company with over 4.07 million shares.
- This is a newly disclosed equity position for the firm and the filing was made due to activity on January 23rd. This was part of a private placement of common shares where Oaktree Capital and Senator pruchased at $8.154 per share.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Mon, 2017-02-06 12:32
- Dmitry Balyasny's hedge fund firm Balyasny Asset Management has filed a 13G with the SEC regarding its stake in Restoration Hardware.
- Per the filing, Balyasny now owns 5.41% of the company with over 2.2 million shares.
- This marks an increase in their position size of over 1.85 million shares since the end of the third quarter of 2016.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Mon, 2017-02-06 11:00
- Chris Hansen's hedge fund firm Valiant Capital has filed a 13G with the SEC regarding shares of Yatra Online.
- Per the filing, Valiant now owns 13.6% of the company with over 4.37 million shares.
- Chris Hansen founded Valiant Capital in 2008 after previously being a Managing Director at Blue Ridge Capital.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Fri, 2017-02-03 09:00
- Charlie Rose recently sat down with both Warren Buffett of Berkshire Hathaway as well as Bill Gates of Microsoft.
- On business, Buffett noted that it's imperative that he be able to know and understand the business and to stay within that sphere of competence.
- One key takeaway from the interview was that Buffett said,"We've bought $12 billion net of common stocks since the election. have probably bought some too."