Holdings and activity of leading value funds.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Fri, 2016-05-27 14:19
- The 2016 rich list of the world's top earning hedge fund managers [ii alpha].
- Calling the bottom for the hedge fund industry [CNBC].
- One hedge fund goes against industry titans on big China banks [Bloomberg].
Submitted by MarketFolly on Wed, 2016-05-25 13:33
- Why active management fell off a cliff - perhaps permanently.
- The story of Facebook's biggest setback in India.
- The battle between startups & incumbents: distribution vs innovation.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Tue, 2016-05-24 12:31
- Per the filing, Berkshire was out buying PSX shares on May 19th, 20th, and 23rd. They purchased 824,630 shares in total at weighted average prices ranging from $76.70 to $78.63.
- They now own over 76.37 million Phillips 66 shares.
- We've previously highlighted how Buffett has been buying PSX across multiple quarters now.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Tue, 2016-05-24 12:15
- Per the filing, JANA sold 6 million shares on May 16th at $77.29.
- JANA still owns over 4.57 million shares of WBA. This was previously their second largest position.
- They originally acquired shares in the third quarter of 2013.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Tue, 2016-05-24 12:00
- Nelson Peltz's activist firm Trian Fund Management has filed a Form 4 with the SEC regarding its stake in Bank of New York Mellon.
- Per the filing, Trian acquired 20,700 shares of BK on May 16th at a weighted average price of $39.6531.
- They now own over 31.84 million shares of BK. As we've previously highlighted, Trian was buying BK around these levels last year as well.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Mon, 2016-05-23 14:37
- More than 20 world-renowned money managers will be presenting their highest conviction ideas in front of 400 of the most prominent family offices, pension plans, and institutional investors in North America.
- All proceeds are allocated to help solve the toughest challenges in children's brain and mental health.
- You can find out more and register at: https://capitalizeforkids.org/.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Mon, 2016-05-23 14:24
- Jonathan Auerbach's hedge fund firm Hound Partners has filed a 13G with the SEC regarding shares of Infoblox.
- Per the filing, Hound now owns 6.2% of the company with over 3.6 million shares.
- This is an increase over the 1.93 million shares Hound owned at the end of the first quarter, when they first showed a new long position in the name.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Mon, 2016-05-23 14:24
- Robert Pitts Jr.'s hedge fund firm Steadfast Capital has filed a 13G on Windstream.
- Per the filing, Steadfast nows 5.1% of WIN with over 4.92 million shares.
- The filing was made due to activity on May 9th and this is a newly disclosed long.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Sat, 2016-05-21 02:22
- The new Q1 2016 issue of our Hedge Fund Wisdom newsletter is now available.
- Equity analysis of 2 stocks hedge funds have been buying: Find out why.
- New consensus buy/sell lists: See the most popular stocks among hedge funds.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Mon, 2016-05-16 07:00
- If you haven't noticed before, we've compiled a list of books recommended by top investors like Seth Klarman, Warren Buffett and many others on the right sidebar of the website.
- Barbarians at the Gate: The Fall of RJR Nabisco by Bryan Burrough & John Helyar"One of the finest, most compelling accounts of what happened to corporate America and Wall Street in the 1980's" ~ New York Times Book Review.
- If you still want even more reading material, head to Seth Klarman's favorite books and Warren Buffett's recommended reading list.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Fri, 2016-05-13 08:00
- The content provided within this blog is property of Market Folly and any views or opinions expressed herein are those solely of market folly and do not represent that of any firm or institution.
- Market Folly is not an investment advisor of any kind, so do not consider anything on this page to be legal, tax, or investment advice.
- Market Folly is not responsible for any 3rd party links or content.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Fri, 2016-05-13 07:30
Submitted by MarketFolly on Thu, 2016-05-12 16:32
- One interesting quote: "Who is the number five manufacturer of personal computers? Who cares? We're in a more and more winner take all world."
- Notes the parts of the company are worth more than where its trading.
- For other recent hedge fund manager thoughts, head to our notes from Sohn Conference New York 2016.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Thu, 2016-05-12 08:00
- These typically feature authors of well known investment books.
- His thoughts are widely read as they constantly feature enlightenment on various investing topics.
- He is known for his belief of investing as part psychology and part finance.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Thu, 2016-05-12 07:30
- Sahm Adrangi's hedge fund Kerrisdale Capital recently raised $100 million to short 1 stock.
- The title refers to DISH CEO Charlie Ergen, a noted poker player.
- Combine this with DISH's core TV product that is in decline, and Kerrisdale thinks that DISH shares can trade between 58-80% lower.