Submitted by Dividends4Life on Wed, 2019-05-22 12:53
The recent (albeit short-lived) turbulence in the market has provided dividend growth investors first hand experience in managing their dividend growth portfolio in a declining market. How do you react to a downturn? Is it a source of despair and gloom, or was it a source of excitement? ...
Submitted by VINBot on Tue, 2019-05-21 09:18
- Since last summer, we have announced the acquisitions of five plants – Craven County and Grayling; the remaining ownership interests in the Koma Kulshan hydro facility, which we acquired in July; and the Allendale and Dorchester biomass plants in South Carolina, on which we expect to close later this year.
- We acquired the five plants at what we consider to be attractive prices.
- At the midpoint of the projected EBITDA contribution of $9 million, this represents an investment at a 19% EBITDA return.
Submitted by VINBot on Tue, 2019-05-21 07:43
- In his recent interview with Tobias, Dan Rasmussen, who is the Founder and Portfolio Manager of Verdad Advisors provides some great insights into how investors can implement a successful private equity strategy in the public markets.
- But, what we found is there are really three characteristics that predicted success in private equity.
Submitted by VINBot on Tue, 2019-05-21 02:27
- BV $5.7M flat cash + investments $1.6M vs $1.3M 900k shares preferred 3.4M shares common
- HYDI recently sold their building for $0.67 per share when the stock was at $1 and announced a move to another state .
- PRACsold their building and leased it right back then paid out a $0.38 per share dividend with the stock around $0.50.
Submitted by VINBot on Tue, 2019-05-21 02:23
- I read John Gruber's comments on Horace's piece ( on Asymco ) that stirred up thoughts I have long harbored.
- Horace talks about how people fail to grasp Apple because they focus on the products Apple sells- their physical attributes classifying them in a singular product category type, which is vastly different than the products Apple builds- the solutions its products provide to the user (jobs they perform).
Submitted by VINBot on Mon, 2019-05-20 15:30
- Teekay Offshore is a partnership incorporated in the Marshall Islands jurisdiction .
- The issue is that one has to read the legalese on the partnership units , and the cross-section with applicable Marshall Islands law to figure out what they can and can’t do to make this transaction occur.
- Of particular note are the preferred shares, which on paper have very good yields.
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Mon, 2019-05-20 13:14
We all know what surprising The Street will do to a stock’s price - just ask Wal-Mart (WMT). The street focuses on quarterly revenue, EPS, EBIT, EBITDA and margins. The income statement is where you find all the metrics that The Street loves. It therefore must be the most important financial statement. Not! That title goes to the lowly cash flow statement. Ultimately cash flow is what drives the value of any financial asset, including dividend stocks.
This week several companies provided their shareholders with a special delivery in the form of higher cash dividends...
Submitted by VINBot on Mon, 2019-05-20 10:34
- These assets in 2019 are anticipated by management to generate $213 million in “adjusted” EBITDA, and roughly $109 million in distributable cash flow.
- They concluded in May 2019 that they will remain a stand-alone entity.
- KML has 116.3 million shares outstanding, and this gives them a market valuation of CAD$1.4 billion or roughly 8x adjusted EBITDA.
Submitted by VINBot on Mon, 2019-05-20 09:38
- Lets kick off the week with another edition of the always eclectic Spinoff Odds and Ends: 1) Thyssenkrupp Update We provided an update on thyssenkrupp’s (TKAMY) new ‘strategic direction’ last week.
- The JV with Tata Steel is out and the elevator business spinoff was scrapped for an IPO instead.
- Just a few days later though, the story seems… Read More »
Submitted by VINBot on Mon, 2019-05-20 08:10
- It means that the student continues to believe that coin is fair, even if has landed heads 99 times in a row!
- A man of “experience, understanding and sophistication” will reason that the probability of the coin being rigged is vasty more than 1 in a 1,267,650,600,228,229,401,496,703,205,376 chance.
- What are these games in the world of financial markets?
Submitted by VINBot on Mon, 2019-05-20 07:53
- When the share price fell below $14 in late March I was tempted back and reestablished a position.
- As of mid-May the shares are back under $18.
- But before I reestablish a position I want to see how low the share price will go.
Submitted by VINBot on Mon, 2019-05-20 05:39
- So, it doesn’t matter if you think a company is good, if you everyone else thinks it’s good.
- We don’t know what the future is gonna hold, so you might as well buy it cheap.
- That is what investors do, that is what investment models do, they forecast prices.
Submitted by VINBot on Mon, 2019-05-20 05:14
- “If you took our top fifteen decisions out, we’d have a pretty average record.
- It wasn’t hyperactivity, but a hell of a lot of patience.
- You stuck to your principles and when opportunities came along, you pounced on them with vigor.–Charlie Munger
Submitted by VINBot on Mon, 2019-05-20 05:06
- You can check out my complete list of dividend industrial stocks here .
- The company expects the completion of this project in mid-2019.
- In 2018, the company presented a plan to integrate all its partners into a single company.
Submitted by arohaninc on Sun, 2019-05-19 20:02
Heed the Oracle. These 9 nuggets have been selected to change your thinking to that of a superinvestor