Submitted by VINBot on Thu, 2018-07-26 05:15
- Therefore, if you withdraw 4% of your portfolio each year, you will most likely never see the end of your portfolio.
- The rule is old.
- Can you still use the 4% rule if you have 50% of your portfolio invested in bonds paying 2-3%?
Submitted by VINBot on Wed, 2018-07-25 21:26
- Share based compensation: When employees and managers are compensated with shares or options, there are three issues that affect valuation.
- The Consequence: If you are valuing a young company with growth potential, you will generally find yourself facing two realities.
- Expected future grants: To the extent that a company is expected to continue to compensate its employees with options or restricted shares in future years, the most logical way to deal with these grants is to treat them as expenses in future years, and reduce expected income and cash flows.
Submitted by VINBot on Wed, 2018-07-25 19:54
- I've now unintentionally read consecutive books where the author has recently passed away.
- Writers beware if your book is about to be profiled on this site!
- Anthony Bourdain was a celebrity chef and...
Submitted by VINBot on Wed, 2018-07-25 15:56
- Air Canada and some major banks proposed a $250 million cash buyout of Aimia’s loyalty business .
- Since most of these rewards consist of flights provided by Air Canada, it stands to reason that Air Canada’s citing of the liability is wildly over-exaggerated.
- Well done Air Canada!
Submitted by VINBot on Wed, 2018-07-25 14:28
- Global banking, what happened to the European Banks The Housing market flare up and flare out
- The 10 year carnage:
- source: stockchart.com Those anticipating a rebound have been continually disappointed, as European banks continue their woeful performance in 2018.
Submitted by VINBot on Wed, 2018-07-25 14:24
Submitted by VINBot on Wed, 2018-07-25 11:54
- Over the past couple weeks, I did some research on Colony Capital (NYSE: CLNY ) as it appeared to hit a few of my target spots for investment criteria.
- Unfortunately, due to having a minority or bare majority investment in a ton of joint ventures and a myriad of various recourse and non-recourse loans, the consolidated financial statements are completely useless for the purpose of financial analysis, which takes quite a bit of digging to get the proper numbers.
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Wed, 2018-07-25 07:32
I know very little about hockey, but I have always loved this quote:
I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been."
- Wayne Gretzky
It can be applied to so many things in life, including investing in Dividend Growth Stocks. Just as Gretzky has a vision as to where the puck is going, investors need to have a similar vision, and not get caught up on short-sighted distractions...
Submitted by VINBot on Wed, 2018-07-25 06:34
- Here are the details –
- Mumbai Date & Time: Sunday, 19th August 2018 | 10 AM to 6 PM Venue: The Sahil Hotel, 292, Bellasis Road, Mumbai Central, Mumbai – 400008
- Chennai Date & Time: Sunday, 23rd September 2018 | 10 AM to 6 PM Venue: Regenta Central Deccan Chennai, 36, Royapettah High Rd, Jagadambal colony, Sripuram, Teachers Colony, Royapettah, Chennai – 600014
Submitted by VINBot on Wed, 2018-07-25 06:27
- During these times one of the questions we often get asked is, which are the best shareholder letters for investors to read?
- Plus, there’s one other shareholder letter that we recommend investors read from Tom Gayner and the team at Markel Corp. One example is their 2016 letter which illustrates what makes their letters great.
- It is: the guy standing next to you is more important than you think he is.
Submitted by VINBot on Tue, 2018-07-24 15:39
- The trading in Genworth MI (TSX: MIC ) feels like it is in the middle of unwinding a short sale position in Genworth MI.
- The stock is trading above tangible book value for the first time, ever.
- Sounds like a good time to sell.
Submitted by VINBot on Tue, 2018-07-24 09:18
- How can you plan your retirement portfolio, so you don’t outlive your money?
- You may need to plan extra withdrawals for your most important retirement projects.
- Retire later.
Submitted by VINBot on Tue, 2018-07-24 09:13
- The most egregious mistakes made by investment professionals Basic principles of the professors valuation and why pricing is different than valuation About founder-centric companies and copanies with great management
- Be careful about risk premiums, currencies, and how we use them in valuations.
- You price it on how good it is as a currency.
Submitted by VINBot on Tue, 2018-07-24 07:46
- Two days after I had the ticker removed and had lost all interest in Cotton, the market started up, and it never stopped until it had risen 500 points.
- I could not have missed making a profit of 200 points or more on that move.
- The market will tell the speculator when he is wrong, because he is losing money.
Submitted by VINBot on Tue, 2018-07-24 07:46
- In his latest Q2 2018 shareholder letter Loeb makes the point that he’s now including ‘growth’ stocks into his portfolio in addition to ‘traditional’ value based stocks saying:
- Of course, we have not shifted our entire portfolio to fast-growing, high-multiple securities but we see a place for the companies of tomorrow as investments alongside our classic special equity and credit situations.
- You can read the entire Third Point Q2 2018 shareholder letter here: