Submitted by Dividends4Life on Mon, 2019-07-22 13:14
At the end of each month I do an evaluation to determine which dividend stocks I will purchase in the following month. There is always a warm feeling of joy that comes over me when I buy one of my "favorite" dividend growth stocks. These are stocks that have earned a special place in my heart and they all have one thing in common - they consistently grow their dividends each year.
Below are several companies that made their investors smile this week with the promise of higher cash dividends...
Submitted by VINBot on Mon, 2019-07-22 12:12
- What’s annoying: As you know already, great information is often not entirely free.
- You will find many great articles on various investing topics along with basic information (for free users) on many companies.
- Then again, why would Morningstar offers all its great work for free?
Submitted by VINBot on Mon, 2019-07-22 06:31
- Adam Butler: No.
- Adam Butler: Exactly.
- Tobias Carlisle: So then how do you then work out how much you allocate to each of these different trend models?
Submitted by VINBot on Mon, 2019-07-22 04:22
- In fact, the enormity and the difficulty of the journey could be gauged from the fact that the astronauts knew that there was only 50% chance they would return safely to Earth.
- Several things could have failed and resulted in the deaths of the three astronauts.
- How well prepared are you?
Submitted by VINBot on Mon, 2019-07-22 03:23
- The stock traded at the time of writing at 64,75 USD, indicating a 5,25 USD or a 8,1% premium.
- So for me this is a “pass” despite the potentially interesting annualized yield of ~16%.
- I had briefly looked at Grandvision some time ago and put it on my “to do list”, With a 77% stake, Dutch based HAL trust ist the dominating shareholder and needs to make up its mind if they want to sell.
Submitted by VINBot on Sun, 2019-07-21 03:23
- My friends from Langfrist have issued their half year reports: – TGV Partners 6M 2019 – TGV Truffle 6M 2019 – TGV Rubicon 6M 2019 Interesting analysis why Value Investing seems to underperform in times of technological revolutions A great deep dive into the current state of streaming video Good summer reading list from A16Z SaaS mania: Recent IPO Zoom now trades at ~62 times revenue Machines these days can play online poker really well Ray Dalio on Paradigm shifts
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Fri, 2019-07-19 13:24
Linked here is a detailed quantitative analysis of Genuine Parts Company (GPC). Below are some highlights from the above linked analysis:
Company Description: Genuine Parts Co. is a leading wholesale distributor of automotive replacement parts, industrial parts and supplies, and office products...
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2019-07-19 08:41
- Ray Dalio – Paradigm Shifts (LinkedIn) Super long but well worth the read.
- “I believe that we are likely approaching such a shift and recently explained the dynamic as I see it in the following report.
- Is value investing dead?
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2019-07-19 07:33
- 01:44 MH : When I started investing it was in 2003.
- I decided to buy Intertape Polymer about a year ago in my portfolio because I think that the company is posed for strong growth and with a USD dividend payment at 4% yield, it is quite interesting to have you in your portfolio.
- This is not like a small company, it’s probably one of the best text stock in the community market.
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2019-07-19 03:14
- Here’s a list of this week’s best investing reads:
- This week’s best investing research reads:
- This week’s best investing podcasts:
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2019-07-19 03:14
- Part of the weekly research here at The Acquirer’s Multiple features some of the top picks from our Stock Screeners and some top investors who are holding these same picks in their portfolios.
- Jim Simons – 137,100 total shares
- Joel Greenblatt – 126,398 total shares
Submitted by VINBot on Thu, 2019-07-18 18:33
- What are the best cheap stocks to invest in?
- We are getting the same value at different prices.
- Price to Earnings (P/E) ratio:
Submitted by VINBot on Thu, 2019-07-18 16:31
- A forgotten sector comes to lifeMiners decline relative to gold as investors give up on poor capital allocation by managers who paid high prices at the top of the last cycle 2007/2011.
- But that has changed as the sector has been starved of capital for years.
- Go where they ain’t.A forgotten miner in an opaque market (Uranium).
Submitted by VINBot on Thu, 2019-07-18 15:25
- Their take is $14.4 million.
- This leaves $8.6 million left for the 34.9 million shares that are publicly trading on the TSX – about 24 cents per share for the half.
- There will be some reductions in 2020, but otherwise they will easily cover the preferred shares.
Submitted by VINBot on Thu, 2019-07-18 14:24
- Ray Dalio doesn’t need much description, but his latest post (which can generally be summarized as: the party is changing tone, buy gold) gives one consideration.
- In theory, if dollar devaluation is the name of the game, then I would think that any natural resources that have future demand would be eligible for consideration – especially since most of these companies (thinking fossil fuels) have huge debt loads.
- The debt becomes cheaper due to the dilution of underlying currency, and the underlying commodity becomes more valuable in nominal terms.