Submitted by VINBot on Mon, 2018-11-19 20:10
- I wish I knew more about the French Revolution.
- This 100 year old plus novel, The Scarlet Pimpernel, put me there.
- The crowds have gone mad; their only satiety is the blood of aristocrats or those...
Submitted by VINBot on Mon, 2018-11-19 16:45
- The line-up includes Joel Greenblatt, Howard Marks, Rajiv Jain, Dave Iben and others.
- Joel Greenblatt – Gotham Asset Management Presentation Title TBC
- The speakers at the conference will provide valuable insights into the methods and approaches that have made them successful, comment on the investment climate and offer specific investment ideas.
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Mon, 2018-11-19 14:54
I have stated many times that my goal is to create an ever growing income stream from dividend growth stocks. Secondarily, it is my desire to beat the S&P 500 over time. With that said, I rarely look at the capital performance of individual stocks. What I do watch is the ability of the stocks I own to sustain their dividend growth.
This week several companies met their shareholders' goal of higher income with increased cash dividends...
Submitted by VINBot on Mon, 2018-11-19 14:40
- Watch for news of GE and other major debtors sinking deeper into trouble.
- The dollar will get stronger from here, if not in terms of gold then as measured by other currencies.
- Buying gold is a non-expiring hedge.
Submitted by VINBot on Mon, 2018-11-19 03:48
- So far we’ve provided the book recommendations from:
- Together with our own recommended reading list of:
- Here are the recommended books from Elon Musk, taken from his writings, interviews, lectures, and twitter feed over the years:
Submitted by VINBot on Mon, 2018-11-19 00:21
- Thanks to Liberty for pointing me to this excellent interview with hedge fund superinvestor Stanley Druckenmiller, conducted by Real Vision.
- As he makes clear in the interview, he made most of his money in interest rates and currencies and doesn't do much equity investing, so small investors like me who are focused on stocks won't find much practical insights.
- Nevertheless, you can glean some thoughts about global macro issues.
Submitted by VINBot on Sun, 2018-11-18 18:24
- The following option are fixed-maturity ETFs, which remove most of the duration risk (although in the case of SHY, a duration of 1.86 yrs is not exactly gambling on the direction of interest rates either).
- US currency: Nasdaq: IBDK – portfolio of high-grade corporate debt, YTM 3.05%, duration 0.56 yrs, MER 0.10%, maturity December 15, 2019 Nasdaq: BSCJ – portfolio of high-grade corporate debt, YTM 3.05%, duration 0.58 yrs, MER 0.10%, maturity December 31, 2019
Submitted by VINBot on Sat, 2018-11-17 07:55
- A great overview on where innovation will happen next from Benedict Evans (A16Z):
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2018-11-16 20:06
- At the current stock price you get the company for free.
- One of the main reasons for developing the materials business is to diversify CVD's customer base and reduce the lumpiness of our equipment business.
- This is one of the many reasons CVD will continue to make significant investments in our next-generation solutions and materials.
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2018-11-16 19:49
- Who saved Siddhartha the samana from samsara, from sin, from greed, from folly?
- They are the sons and daughters of Life’s longing for itself.
- He’s observed that the smartest people are constantly revising their understanding, reconsidering a problem they thought they’d already solved.
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2018-11-16 18:20
- Business Aircraft – $356 million EBITDA, spent $617 million in capitalized expenses (net these two – this is a $261 million cash burn) – can they actually turn this around and make money?
- An $85 million cash drain in the first 9 months of 2018, if repeated in 2019, will result in another $113 million cash going out the window.
- Where will they get the cash?
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Fri, 2018-11-16 15:00
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2018-11-16 06:10
- It is also a big thank you to those who have been following me all these years, either here or on DSR!
- Yeah, it’s been five years that Dividends Stock Rock has been helping thousands of investors.
- 05:45 MH: Just wanna tell you that I’m grateful, and I do that because I’m passionate about the stock market, and I’m so glad that I get to meet all those investors like you.
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2018-11-16 04:37
- Here’s a list of this week’s best investing reads:
- This week’s best investing research:
- This week’s best investing podcasts:
Submitted by VINBot on Thu, 2018-11-15 17:53
- Some days, I thought I spent more time waiting for things than actually doing any work.
- Anyway, I still love Linux and have a Linux box sitting next to my main Windows 10 machine.
- For the businesses where things may get funky, like the insurance businesses, those are highly regulated, and Buffett is very closely monitoring those businesses and is very involved as he says, with big blocks of business (talks to Jain several times a day etc...).