Submitted by VINBot on Thu, 2018-11-22 14:42
- Why BRK?
- And if the market does decline a lot, that will provide a lot of opportunities for BRK to deploy cash so you are kind of sitting on cash optionality by owning BRK.
- So I think about BRK in the same way.
Submitted by VINBot on Thu, 2018-11-22 09:25
- For Sally Beauty Holdings the most recent ADV number is 2.294 million shares.
- For Sally Beauty Holdings the current beta ratio is 1.26.
- My anticipated rate of return for Sally Beauty Holdings is 3.87%.
Submitted by VINBot on Thu, 2018-11-22 05:08
- One of my favorite movies of all time is – The Wizard of Oz .
- If you’re thinking about Google as a company going forward as an investor, here’s the question I’m asking.
- This is about telling a story and delivering the kinds of decisions that back up that story.
Submitted by VINBot on Thu, 2018-11-22 02:36
- * * * Takeaway: Thomas Phelps wrote in his book – To make money in stocks you must have “the vision to see them, the courage to buy them and the patience to hold them.
- * * * Takeaway: Really?
- Anyways, what are some other silly and dangerous things people say about stock prices that you can think of?
Submitted by VINBot on Wed, 2018-11-21 20:38
- Jefferson and His Time: Volume 1
- The Complete Works of Montaigne
- The History of Jazz
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Wed, 2018-11-21 15:05
To ensure a retirement that is free from financial concerns, there are certain things that must be done today. For many people this is not a desirable task. However, building a secure future by investing in quality dividend stocks is neither complicated nor overly burdensome. Below are three simple keys that will help you become a better investor...
Submitted by VINBot on Wed, 2018-11-21 10:42
- The brand new Q3 issue of Hedge Fund Wisdom was just released!
- - New Consensus Buy / Sell Lists : See the most popular stocks among top hedge funds
- Quarterly Subscription: $89.99 per quarterly issue
Submitted by VINBot on Wed, 2018-11-21 05:22
- But he so believed what he’d been taught in graduate school that he told the Washington Post they shouldn’t buy their own stock.
- Well, you can say that this is too ridiculous, and it can’t be fair to liken economics professors like Laffer to a rustic legislator like this.
- But once you try to put a lot of false precision into a complex system like economics, the errors can compound to the point where they’re worse than those of the McKinsey partner when he was incompetently advising the Washington Post.
Submitted by VINBot on Wed, 2018-11-21 04:57
- This book contains various examples of market reactions of historical debt crises which made for some very fascinating reading.
- What’s happening is the cost of capital has risen to a point, coupled with the reversal of quantitative easing, where you are starting to see assets dragged into cash.
- Cash is starting to return a relevant yield again (e.g. 2-year US treasuries are yielding 280bps which is about 200bps more than it was a couple years ago).
Submitted by VINBot on Tue, 2018-11-20 19:49
- Airlines The Oil Market The Quality Asset
- Dropping over 20% in the past month, oil is now unchanged on the year.
- Source: Wall Street Journal The United States equity market, one of the few markets of any kind throughout the world that is higher in 2018, is acting much like the flight to quality asset.
Submitted by VINBot on Tue, 2018-11-20 14:30
- In all fairness, it has improved recently, but today it is fighting an uphill battle because Apple’s walled-garden approach doesn’t allow Apple Music to work on Amazon’s and Google’s speakers.
- Apple predictably took a “premium” strategy with its speakers, a strategy that worked great with Macs, iPhones, and iPads.
- At lower Apple stock prices, we did not have to worry about growth, but at the current valuation we do.
Submitted by VINBot on Tue, 2018-11-20 09:49
- Shares of Facebook (FB) are dropping below $130 today as the high-flying tech sector continues a sharp correction in the market.
- From the business side, FB continues to offer a return on investment for small businesses that is unrivaled in the media industry.
- With GAAP earnings of roughly $7 likely for 2018, and a path to EBITDA of $30 billion in 2019, the metrics look meager on both a trailing and forward basis, despite slowing growth and falling profit margins.
Submitted by VINBot on Tue, 2018-11-20 09:11
- I was investing all my money in the market myself.
- But that wasn’t because I had a great career in the private banking industry or because I built a successful blog.
- 2013 was the year I built Dividend Stocks Rock; my dividend investing platform.
Submitted by VINBot on Tue, 2018-11-20 07:45
- As interest rates have been rising, I’ve become interested in bank stocks.
- Unfortunately, I’m not as well versed in the
Submitted by VINBot on Tue, 2018-11-20 05:36
- One of the best resources for investors are the publicly available 13F-HR documents that each fund is required to submit to the SEC.
- These documents allow investors to track their favorite superinvestors, their fund’s current holdings, plus their new buys and sold out positions.
- This week we’ll take a look at Seth Klarman’s Baupost Group LLC, (9-30-2018):