Submitted by VINBot on Tue, 2018-11-27 10:40
- There's something interesting about high priced stocks.
- They have a built in exclusivity, but they are also an oddity.
- In a market where most stocks trade between $10 and $100 finding something for more than $10,000 a share is strange.
Submitted by ntobik on Tue, 2018-11-27 10:38
Submitted by VINBot on Tue, 2018-11-27 06:39
- Take another look at the goal of asymmetry set out above: it talks about achieving a preponderance of gain over loss, not avoiding all chance of loss.
- When I first went to work at Citibank in 1968, they had a slogan that “scared money never wins.” It’s important to play judiciously, to have more successes than failures, and to make more on your successes than you lose on your failures.
- Why wouldn’t those people study and apply the formula also?
Submitted by VINBot on Tue, 2018-11-27 06:22
- Throughout the past five years, our portfolios did very well (see for yourself ).
- One of the key element is its online success with double-digit growth over the past five years.
- Disclaimer; I’m long all the above (DIS, GNTX, SBUX, VF, HD)
Submitted by VINBot on Mon, 2018-11-26 23:41
- During this time, the amount of gold in the world increased by about 3.4 times, due to mining production.
- It is a measuring stick and unit of account for the world’s goods and services.
- By limiting bitcoin’s supply to 21 million units over a 131-year period, Satoshi designed bitcoin as a deflationary currency….Because of its deflationary design, bitcoin is used more as a volatile investment bet: than as a MEASURING STICK or UNIT OF ACCOUNT.
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Mon, 2018-11-26 13:29
Submitted by VINBot on Mon, 2018-11-26 09:22
- Metro operates over 600 grocery stores under banners such as Metro, Super C and Food Basics.
- Management also expects to grow by acquisition to expand its current line of products, consolidate its activities, and open additional doors in international markets.
- Also, keep in mind that low yielding stocks often offer high growth potential.
Submitted by VINBot on Mon, 2018-11-26 04:01
- We recently started a series called – Superinvestors: Books That Every Investor Should Read.
- Together with our own recommended reading list of:
- This week we’re going to take a look at twenty of the best books on investor pyschology.
Submitted by VINBot on Sat, 2018-11-24 11:17
- Venture Capital seen from a Capital Markets / Hedgefunds perspective Another reminder that BBB corporate debt could become a problem at some point in the future Very interesting thoughts on “the curse of low hanging fruits” 10 interesting book recommendations for the upcoming holidays Why Starbucks has been able to create the most popular payment app in the US A good overview of recent Spin-offs Instagramm influencer marketing is now a really big thing
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2018-11-23 18:08
- Although a lot of subscriber still look at individual positions, I prefer to zoom out and look at the aggregate portfolio level.
- In selling, what is being demanded, the financial industry ends up ignoring several other key factors which drive returns over the long run.
- I find these aspects of investing missing in most discussions.
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2018-11-23 09:24
- As we are moving to a bear market, some companies are down lately.
- Does it bring some deals for investors?
- Looking for a few good picks on the market?
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2018-11-23 04:20
- Let’s look into what happened to Sangoma Tech over the next five years.
- This means in February of 2014, Sangoma Tech was trading at par with its per share NCAV.
- The stock market continued to overlook Sangoma Tech for 3 long years.
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2018-11-23 03:50
- Here’s a list of this week’s best investing reads:
- This week’s best investing research:
- This week’s best investing podcasts:
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2018-11-23 03:50
- Part of the weekly research here at The Acquirer’s Multiple features some of the top picks from our Stock Screeners and some top investors who are holding these same picks in their portfolios.
- Joel Greenblatt – 270,698 current shares
- Ray Dalio – 99,731 current shares
Submitted by VINBot on Thu, 2018-11-22 14:42
- Why BRK?
- And if the market does decline a lot, that will provide a lot of opportunities for BRK to deploy cash so you are kind of sitting on cash optionality by owning BRK.
- So I think about BRK in the same way.