Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2018-11-30 17:03
- In 2014, the old Northstar Realty Finance (NRF) spun off their management company, Northstar Asset Management (NSAM), which was a popular move at the time, hoping to create a permanent capital asset manager that would trade at a high multiple.
- Today it trades for approximately $16 per share with 50.1 million shares outstanding for a $800MM market cap.
- After the sale of Trianon closes, NRE will have $425MM in cash (there was $65MM as of 9/30), then subtracting out the $70MM owed to Colony, and NRE will be sitting on roughly $7 per share in cash.
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Fri, 2018-11-30 12:44
Linked here is a detailed quantitative analysis of Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO). Below are some highlights from the above linked analysis:
Company Description: Cisco Systems, Inc. offers a complete line of routers and switching products that connect and manage communications among local and wide area computer networks employing a variety of protocols...
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2018-11-30 04:00
- Here’s a list of this week’s best investing reads:
- This week’s best investing research:
- This week’s best investing podcasts:
Submitted by VINBot on Thu, 2018-11-29 04:14
- Part of the weekly research here at The Acquirer’s Multiple features some of the top picks from our Stock Screeners and some top investors who are holding these same picks in their portfolios.
- Jim Simons – 998,956 total shares
- Jim O’Shaughnessy – 39,216 total shares
Submitted by VINBot on Thu, 2018-11-29 04:14
- One of the best resources for investors are the publicly available 13F-HR documents that each fund is required to submit to the SEC.
- These documents allow investors to track their favorite superinvestors, their fund’s current holdings, plus their new buys and sold out positions.
- This week we’ll take a look at Joel Greenblatt’s Gotham Asset Management, (9-30-2018):
Submitted by VINBot on Wed, 2018-11-28 17:28
- Recently, on November 21, 2018 Zargon proposed an offer to their debenture holders to convert them at the equity price of 10 cents per share.
- Instead of getting 93% of the company, debenture holders would get 97%.
Submitted by VINBot on Wed, 2018-11-28 14:32
- Another issue is that such funds only contain investments of a certain “vintage” as the investment period is usually only 1-3 years or so
- In this regard the Vostok vehicles look a lot better than the other companies in this post, especially Vostok New Ventures.
- Besides Kinnevik, the only vehicles that look interesting are the Vostok companies.
Submitted by VINBot on Wed, 2018-11-28 12:24
- The inaugural Value Invest New York takes place next Tuesday and will feature speakers including Howard Marks, Joel Greenblatt, Rajiv Jain and David Iben - plus many others.
- The opening presentation session starts at 8.30am on Tuesday December 4 th , thefirst presentation will be from David Iben of Kopernik Global Investors titled: The Value of Being Approximately Right In a Market that Appears to beIncreasingly Precisely Wrong
- David Iben - Kopernik Global Investors
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Wed, 2018-11-28 11:37
Any master architect will tell you the key to a quality structure is its foundation. Solid buildings have firm foundations. The more solid the foundation, the less likely the building will suffer damage from storms, earthquakes, or settling of the earth. In much the same way, the foundation of solid Dividend Growth Stocks are their financials. Here's what to look for when evaluating a dividend stock's financials...
Submitted by VINBot on Wed, 2018-11-28 05:24
- Tweakmore also saw exactly how he could create for himself an operation that possessed all the characteristics of his ideal business.
- All he proposed was that Wantmore hereafter sell all his home loans to Tweakmore at a higher price than life insurers would pay.
- Four tranches would use their shares of loan payments to pay off complex new fixed-interest-bearing, freely-tradable debt instruments, called CDOs .
Submitted by VINBot on Wed, 2018-11-28 02:52
- Rising revenue with a stale stock shows you opportunity.
- In 2017 DePiano Sr held only 1.9% of the company and there were 7.55M shares of common outstanding.
- stock price 0.12 market cap fully diluted $1.4M
Submitted by VINBot on Tue, 2018-11-27 19:16
- There are several other players and ASIC's study covered six of them.ASIC does not have a reputation as an aggressive regulator so that they are monitoring the company going forward is the expected result.But the ASIC report ( available here ) does give some insight into Afterpay.
- Vicki also had a $1,000 debt to Certegy Ezi-Pay that had been referred to a debt collector and several telecommunications and utility debts.
Submitted by VINBot on Tue, 2018-11-27 18:34
Submitted by VINBot on Tue, 2018-11-27 15:42
- Last year I bought some shares of Sorrento Tech, formerly known as Roka Bioscience (NASDAQ:ROKA), on its last trading day, December 28, 2017.
- After checking with my broker they told me, and I will quote their response below, this was as it should be because the company set an ex-dividend date of December 28, 2017.
- Per DTC comments:
Submitted by VINBot on Tue, 2018-11-27 11:23
- But the bigger questions for the limited partners who invested in Catalyst’s funds is how are they going to get all of their money back?
- Additionally, the filings note how Catalyst is funding up to $150 million to cover a Callidus loan, which is likely the Horizontal Drill loan.
- Without it, Gateway would be well on its way to a loss of over CA$40 million this year.