Submitted by VINBot on Tue, 2019-05-14 17:21
Submitted by VINBot on Tue, 2019-05-14 07:02
- During his recent interview with Tobias, Justin Carbonneau, a Partner at Validea Capital discusses how often the time when your investment strategy is really about to start working is right at the time you’re going to fold your hand.
- Tobias Carlisle: It takes a long time to get into the seat.
- The people that were investing with us benefited from that.
Submitted by VINBot on Tue, 2019-05-14 01:52
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Mon, 2019-05-13 13:13
There are winners and there are champions in every walk of life. The difference is subtle, but very real. A champion is driven for success and will not let anything stand in its way. Some dividend stocks can be classified as champions. A bad economy, tight credit markets and a dark cloud of uncertainty are enough send some dividend companies running for the exit. However, these are the times that champions stand firm.
This week several companies answered the call and rewarded their shareholders with higher cash dividends...
Submitted by arohaninc on Mon, 2019-05-13 12:49
AKA, how to maximize your profits and grow your wealth.
Submitted by VINBot on Mon, 2019-05-13 07:45
Submitted by VINBot on Mon, 2019-05-13 07:27
- The Behavioral Investor
- It is a heap of thoughts about risk, active vs. passive investing, bubbles, value and momentum factors, building a rules-based process, etc.
- Therefore, you need to use a rules-based system that you evaluate not on the outcomes but on the quality of the process:
Submitted by VINBot on Mon, 2019-05-13 06:26
- Justin Carbonneau: The next criteria is, we look at ten years of earnings.
- Justin Carbonneau: One of the things with managed accounts or with an ETF, the turnover, you don’t want to be turning 50% of the portfolio every month, which some of these models, if you just let them run, you need a way to manage that turnover.
- Justin Carbonneau: Those kinds of factors are you’re not really excluding the companies that would be in the portfolio.
Submitted by VINBot on Mon, 2019-05-13 00:24
Submitted by VINBot on Sun, 2019-05-12 23:44
- Interestingly enough, Old Navy will be the RemainingCo operating as a stand-alone business while Gap Brand, Banana Republic, Athleta, and Intermix will be spun off.
- When I pull the company up on QuickFS.net I see a company that has 10 year averages of:
- In fact, Old Navy now accounts for more total revenue than Gap Brand and has much healthier growth than either Gap Brand or Banana Republic.
Submitted by VINBot on Sun, 2019-05-12 01:29
- If your goal is for people to read what you write all of the time, then stick to interesting hooks and interesting topics.
- What this means is that it’s a good idea to try a lot of different articles.
- Write great content.
Submitted by VINBot on Sat, 2019-05-11 05:51
- This was a result from Apple's accelerated share repurchase program (ASR) that kicked off in February.
- If you think short selling was increasing, then the amount of shares covered for the ASR were more than 44.2M.
- If others were covering their short positions too, then the amount purchased for the ASR was less than 44.2M.
Submitted by VINBot on Sat, 2019-05-11 00:36
- Example: Take two companies A and B.
- Company B, of course.
- In the type of diversification Shyam wrote about, the stated logic is that through diversification into other industries, the company becomes less dependent on a single source of earnings.
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2019-05-10 21:45
- “Every time you shop in a store, eat a hamburger or buy new sunglasses you’re getting valuable input.
- By browsing around you can see what’s selling and what isn’t.”-Phil Fisher
- “Understanding Value Investing is vital before proceeding into any investment.” H/t KC LAU
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2019-05-10 13:42
- Broyhill Asset Management is back again with its yearly free Book Club featuring the best books of the year.
- Perfect timing with summer vacation right around the corner.
- We featured their picks last year too and this time around their list spans a myriad of topics apart from just investing.