Submitted by MarketFolly on Wed, 2017-02-15 07:00
- Scuttleblurb.com is giving our readers a free 1-week trial.
- With earnings season in full swing, it's the ideal time to check it out.
- Scuttleblurb provides subscribers with balanced and insightful fundamental equity analysis and commentary on companies across a variety of industries, as well as time-saving summaries of earnings calls and sell-side conferences.
Submitted by sajid.karsan on Wed, 2017-02-15 06:26
- I learned a lot from this book: what makes us sleepy, how daytime and nighttime sleep differ, and a lot of techniques for how to make a baby sleep.
- This book felt like a reference book, as it covers a lot of months/years of a child's life, and is some 400 pages thick.
- It's also very repetitive; it is probably one of those books that could have been an article.
Submitted by MagicDiligence on Tue, 2017-02-14 08:58
Despite a constantly negative narrative from analysts, Best Buy is as strong as ever - but the market hasn't fully recognized it yet.
Submitted by ModernGraham on Tue, 2017-02-14 07:37
There are a number of great companies in the market today. By using the ModernGraham Valuation Model, I've selected the ten most undervalued companies reviewed by ModernGraham. Each company has been determined to be suitable for Defensive Investor according to the ModernGraham approach.
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Tue, 2017-02-14 07:25
Linked here is a detailed quantitative analysis of Pfizer Inc. (PFE). Below are some highlights from the above linked analysis:
Company Description: Pfizer Inc. ranks as one of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies, offering a wide range of drugs across a broad therapeutic spectrum...
Submitted by MarketFolly on Mon, 2017-02-13 13:29
- Columbia Business School has released the Winter 2017 edition of its Graham & Doddsville newsletter.
- In it, they feature a great interview with Guy Shanon and Michael Blitzer of Kingstown Capital.
- Lastly, this edition includes student investment pitches on short Foot Locker, long Axalta Coating Systems, and short Cardtronics.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Mon, 2017-02-13 13:20
- Ricky Sandler's hedge fund firm Eminence Capital has filed a 13G with the SEC regarding shares of Imperva.
- Per the filing, Eminence now owns 9.7% of the company with over 3.19 million shares.
- This is a newly disclosed equity position for Eminence and the filing was made due to activity on January 31st, 2017.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Mon, 2017-02-13 13:15
- Reas Halvorsen's hedge fund firm Viking Global has filed a 13G with the SEC regarding shares of Myovant Sciences.
- Per the filing, Viking now owns 61.8% of the company with over 37.23 million shares.
- This is a newly disclosed public equity position for the firm and the filing was made due to activity on December 31st. However, Viking previously invested in private company Roivant Sciences.
Submitted by ModernGraham on Mon, 2017-02-13 08:08
The market is filled with companies with a lot of hype which are touted as great investments, but Benjamin Graham taught that intelligent investors must look past the hype and avoid speculating about a company's future. By using the ModernGraham Valuation Model, I've selected five of the most overvalued companies reviewed by ModernGraham.
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Mon, 2017-02-13 07:13
Over time we tend grow fond of people we have a relationship with. Sometimes we grow to love them like a brother or sister; sometimes even more. In much the same way we can easily grow to love certain stocks, but this is not necessarily a good thing. It is easy to be captivated with a top performer. Everyone loves a winner. To achieve our long-term investing goals we must remove emotion from the equation. It is a recipe for disaster when we make investing decisions based on a past relationship with a stock that is contrary to the current fact pattern.
Submitted by ModernGraham on Sat, 2017-02-11 12:47
I evaluated 51 different companies this week to determine whether they are suitable for Defensive Investors, those unwilling to do substantial research, or Enterprising Investors, those who are willing to do such research. I also put each company through the ModernGraham valuation model based on Benjamin Graham's value investing formulas in order to determine an intrinsic value for each. Out of those 51 companies, only 14 were found to be undervalued or fairly valued and suitable for either Defensive or Enterprising Investors.
Submitted by Dividend Growth... on Fri, 2017-02-10 09:51
The most important question that investors ask themselves is how much money do they need to retire. There are several things to consider, in order to answer this question. I will share those questions, and also share a rule of thumb that I have found helpful in my personal retirement planning.
Submitted by ModernGraham on Fri, 2017-02-10 08:55
There are a number of great companies in the market today. By using the ModernGraham Valuation Model, I've selected five undervalued companies with a low beta reviewed by ModernGraham.
A company's beta indicates the correlation at which its price moves in relation to the market. A beta less than 1 indicates a company is less volatile than the market.
Submitted by ModernGraham on Thu, 2017-02-09 13:29
There are a number of great companies in the market today. By using the ModernGraham Valuation Model, I've selected ten of the best dividend paying stocks for the Enterprising dividend stock investor. These companies have the highest dividend yields among the undervalued companies reviewed by ModernGraham which are suitable for Enterprising Investor according to the ModernGraham approach.
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Thu, 2017-02-09 07:18
Linked here is a detailed quantitative analysis of W.W. Grainger, Inc. (GWW). Below are some highlights from the above linked analysis:
Company Description: Grainger Inc. is the largest global distributor of industrial and commercial supplies, such as hand tools, electric motors, light bulbs and janitorial items...