Submitted by jacobwolinsky on Thu, 2015-02-26 08:00
- Value is created by earning returns in excess of cost of capital.
- Excess returns during periods of competitive advantage; without competitive advantage, returns tend to regress to the WACC.
- Lower perceived business risk reduces required returns on capital, increasing excess return.
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Thu, 2015-02-26 07:41
Cisco Systems, Inc. offers a complete line of routers and switching products that connect and manage communications among local and wide area computer networks employing a variety of protocols. Linked here is a detailed analysis and commentary...
Submitted by jacobwolinsky on Wed, 2015-02-25 17:40
- Stocks at record highs, and all eyes are on the Fed.
- John Bogle, The Vanguard Group, says stocks are not cheap and there is no easy way to get income today but investors should not try to "Hype" up the income by taking greater risks.
Submitted by jacobwolinsky on Wed, 2015-02-25 16:24
- Make an acquisition and then determine how to finance it underpins about 40% of the equity that's raised each year in Canada.
- In what form that equity is raised is part science, part art, but all what the market will accept.
- Over the past week, details of three M&A related financings have been outlined.
Submitted by jacobwolinsky on Wed, 2015-02-25 15:17
Submitted by jacobwolinsky on Wed, 2015-02-25 14:25
- The firm employs an opportunistic special situations and value-oriented framework.
- Denali seeks to identify catalyst driven situations that will unlock value and produce market agnostic returns.
- Value + Special Situations: Denali seeks to identify value-oriented and special situation investment opportunities at substantial discounts with definable catalysts or by being the catalyst through proactive methods.
Submitted by jacobwolinsky on Wed, 2015-02-25 14:00
- Since establishment of the business in 1941, Mr. Ringwalt has held to the principle of underwriting for a profit-a policy which is frequently talked about within the industry - Warren Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway Letters to Shareholders, 2013, loc.
- Although our combined loss and expense ratio on the traditional business rose to approximately 100% during the year, our management, led by Jack Ringwalt and Phil Liesche, has the ability and determination to - Warren Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway Letters to Shareholders, 2013, loc.
Submitted by jacobwolinsky on Wed, 2015-02-25 12:52
- I found a very interesting piece of writing about Value Traps and Value investing.
- Quant Value proponents are not arguing that any given filter accurately measures the intrinsic value of a given company.
- Quant Value strategies are difficult to stick with because they will under-perform the market for years at a time Much of the excess return is found in small cap stocks so it cannot be run in a large portfolio The stocks selected by the Quant Value screens are "Ugly" stocks which are difficult to own and defend.
Submitted by jacobwolinsky on Wed, 2015-02-25 11:18
- The Bretton Fund's net asset value per share as of December 31, 2014, was $25.72, and the total return for the fund for the fourth quarter was 6.91% compared to 4.93% for the S&P 500 Index.
- For the year, the fund returned 9.79% compared to the S&P 500's 13.69%. The fund's cash balance muted returns again, but the volatility in the fourth quarter allowed us to put more of our cash to work by adding, what we believe, are three great businesses whose stock prices went on sale: Discovery Communications Inc., Flowserve Corporation, and IPC Healthcare.
Submitted by jacobwolinsky on Wed, 2015-02-25 10:48
- Discussing Greece, Mark Mobius, executive chairman at Templeton Emerging Markets Group, says there's no reason for Greece to go bankrupt and leave the euro zone.
- Mark Mobius, executive chairman at Templeton Emerging Markets Group, says that once the sanctions have been lifted, high volumes of investment will flow into Russian companies.
Submitted by jacobwolinsky on Wed, 2015-02-25 10:16
Submitted by jacobwolinsky on Wed, 2015-02-25 09:16
- All performance information reflects past performance, is presented on a total return basis, reflects the reinvestment of distributions, and does not reflect the deduction of taxes that a shareholder would pay on fund distributions or the redemption of fund shares.
- All redemption fees are payable to the Fund and are not reflected in the performance shown above; if such fees were reflected, performance would be lower.
Submitted by jacobwolinsky on Wed, 2015-02-25 08:00
- In the late '90s, there was another perfect storm, an also rare coincidence of forces which caused huge waves in our financial markets, as the NASDAQ index soared, collapsed, and bounced part way back.
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Wed, 2015-02-25 07:33
Medtronic Inc. is a global medical device manufacturer with leadership positions in the pacemaker, defibrillator, orthopedic, diabetes management and other medical markets.linked here is a detailed analysis and commentary...
Submitted by ntobik on Tue, 2015-02-24 22:07