Submitted by VINBot on Mon, 2019-06-17 09:39
- Shortly after disclosing a poor start to 2019, CenturyLink (CTL) announced that it was beginning a strategic review of its consumer business.
- The unit represents less than 25% of its overall sales, but it is one of the largest local exchange carriers in the US.
- It offers broadband and other services to consumers in various markets throughout the… Read More »
Submitted by VINBot on Mon, 2019-06-17 06:48
- Tobias Carlisle: Well, you’re a good business analyst.
- I know why people don’t like that.
- Bill Brewster: I don’t know.
Submitted by VINBot on Sat, 2019-06-15 06:19
- Last year, in October, I wrote about the Nevada Gold & Casinos merger.
- Back then I thought that it was a simple merger that would probably close before the end of the year, but that proved to be way too optimistic.
- The merger needed approval of the Washington State Gambling commission, and they took their sweet time.
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2019-06-14 18:30
- They may wrongly write off a witness or one side of the lawsuit as lacking credibility.
- The court systems don’t let you apply for a court date online, don’t offer night court so that citizens have to take time off work, etc.
- They understand how the courts actually work, how the judges usually rule, how witnesses often behave, how juries behave (if juries may be involved), what the other party’s legal strategy will likely be, etc.
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2019-06-14 17:48
- Happy Friday to all Oddballs!Just a quick note that we have published Issue 25 of the Newsletter this afternoon.
- If you are a subscriber, it should be in your inbox right now.
Submitted by ntobik on Fri, 2019-06-14 17:47
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2019-06-14 14:34
- Seeing and Believing in Utility Stocks
- Source: Bespokeinvest The ascension of Utility stocks is perhaps related to plummeting yields in the United States, where the 10-year Treasury now yields just 2.08%.
- Among major European sovereigns, one must venture out to a maturity of 5 years in Italy in to find a positive return.
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Fri, 2019-06-14 13:18
Linked here is a detailed quantitative analysis of Duke Energy (DUK). Below are some highlights from the above linked analysis:
Company Description: Duke Energy Corp. merged with Progress Energy in mid-2012, and is the largest electric power holding company in the U.S., serving more than 7 million customers in six states...
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2019-06-14 12:10
- Unlike high margin tech companies like Facebook or Google, traditional businesses like food manufacturing or general merchandise retail have low margins and therefore will not result in large price-to-sales multiples over the long term.
- At that price, CHWY’s market value is $17 billion.
- General merchandise retailers like Costco, Target, Wal-Mart, and Best Buy all trade for less than 1x annual sales in the public market.
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2019-06-14 10:26
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2019-06-14 08:46
- With its stock in freefall, Mallinckrodt(MNK) announced plans to move forward with a spinoff announced late last year.
- Mallinckrodt stock, which traded for over $130 per share in March 2015, was $62.58 when we wrote about it in November 2015, and $18.67 when we discussed it in December 2018.
- In the last 6 months, it has fallen another… Read More »
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2019-06-14 08:29
- In Part I , we screened out FOXF and GTX and did a deeper analysis of SNA.
- In Part II below, we’ll analyze Cummins, Inc (CMI).
- Cummins Inc. primarily designs, manufactures, distributes, and services diesel and natural gas engines, as well as components like turbochargers.
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2019-06-14 03:41
- Here’s a list of this week’s best investing reads:
- This week’s best investing research reads:
- This week’s best investing podcasts:
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2019-06-14 03:41
- Part of the weekly research here at The Acquirer’s Multiple features some of the top picks from our Stock Screeners and some top investors who are holding these same picks in their portfolios.
- DXC Technology is a vendor-independent IT services provider that started trading in April 2017.
- Joel Greenblatt – 439,744 total shares
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2019-06-14 00:36
- Once the price hits a 20% circuit down, our thesis falls off and we sell (or more critically, we hold and become a long term investor)
• All NBFCs.
- 4) ‘Sell when you need the money’: One of the better reasons to sell actually.
- Also, you should be on Twitter – there are many Stanley Druckenmillers out there who can get in the bottom, and get out at the top..in every single asset class…asset class no bar.