Submitted by Dividends4Life on Mon, 2017-02-20 07:32
Any income investor will tell you that it is important for a company to sustain its dividend. However, as an investor in dividend growth stocks, it is not enough to simply sustain the dividend – we want to own companies that are capable of sustained dividend growth. Needless to say, this is a little more difficult to accomplish, but well-worth the time to find companies that can deliver on this expectation...
Submitted by sajid.karsan on Mon, 2017-02-20 06:18
Submitted by ModernGraham on Sun, 2017-02-19 12:12
There are so many great companies in the market today, but there are also many overvalued companies. By using the ModernGraham Valuation Model, I've selected five overvalued Dow Components reviewed by ModernGraham according to the ModernGraham approach.
Submitted by ModernGraham on Sat, 2017-02-18 11:54
I evaluated 28 different companies this week to determine whether they are suitable for Defensive Investors, those unwilling to do substantial research, or Enterprising Investors, those who are willing to do such research. I also put each company through the ModernGraham valuation model based on Benjamin Graham's value investing formulas in order to determine an intrinsic value for each. Out of those 28 companies, only 5 were found to be undervalued or fairly valued and suitable for either Defensive or Enterprising Investors.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Fri, 2017-02-17 13:24
- The content provided within this blog is property of MarketFolly.com and any views or opinions expressed herein are those solely of MarketFolly.com and do not represent that of any firm or institution.
- MarketFolly.com is not an investment advisor of any kind, so do not consider anything on this page to be legal, tax, or investment advice.
- MarketFolly.com is not responsible for any 3rd party links or content.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Fri, 2017-02-17 12:17
- Jeff Ubben's activist investment firm ValueAct Capital just filed a 13D with the SEC regarding shares of Bioverativ.
- Per the filing, ValueAct now owns 7.1% of the company with 7.7 million shares.
- ValueAct did not own any BIIB shares as of the end of 2016 per their latest 13F filing with the SEC. The 13D filing notes Ubben's firm made equity forward purchases and were buying between mid-January and early February with the bulk of their purchases coming with a forward price of around $44.41.
Submitted by Dividend Growth... on Fri, 2017-02-17 11:18
The Coca-Cola Company (KO) manufactures, distributes, and markets nonalcoholic beverages worldwide. This dividend king has paid uninterrupted dividends on its common stock since 1893 and increased payments to common shareholders every for 55 years in a row. Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.B) is the largest shareholder of the world’s largest beverage company.
Submitted by ModernGraham on Thu, 2017-02-16 15:32
There are a number of great companies in the market today. By using the ModernGraham Valuation Model, I've selected the ten most undervalued companies reviewed by ModernGraham. Each company has been determined to be suitable for the Enterprising Investor according to the ModernGraham approach.
Submitted by ModernGraham on Thu, 2017-02-16 14:08
I am excited to announce the next issue of the ModernGraham A-List Report is available! Each quarter I release a new report listing all of the companies in the MG Universe which currently receive a MG Grade of A- or better. This Quarterly Report Shows The 14 Top Rated Companies. The average company listed on previous editions has beat the Dow Jones Industrial Average by 20% and the S&P 500 by 23% during the company's tenure on the A-List.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Thu, 2017-02-16 12:47
- Charlie Munger just held the annual meeting at the Daily Journal and shared his thoughts on a wide range of topics.
- For other books he likes, be sure to check out out Charlie Munger's recommended reading list.
- For more on him, check out the book Charlie Munger: The Complete Investor as well as notes from the previous Charlie Munger Daily Journal meetings.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Thu, 2017-02-16 12:15
Submitted by Dividend Growth... on Thu, 2017-02-16 09:44
I have always had a deep fascination with investing. I like learning about different ways to make money, strategies, and investments. It is always fascinating to watch how others make money in the markets, as you can always learn something from it.
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Thu, 2017-02-16 07:28
Linked here is a detailed quantitative analysis of Target Corporation (TGT). Below are some highlights from the above linked analysis:
Company Description: Target Corp. operates nearly 1,800 Target, SuperTarget and CityTarget general merchandise stores across the U.S...
Submitted by Dividend Growth... on Wed, 2017-02-15 09:49
Every week, I review the list of dividend increases as part of my monitoring process. I usually focus my attention on companies that have managed to boost annual dividends for at least a decade. This increases the odds of identifying companies that pay dependable dividends, and are committed to growing them over time.
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Wed, 2017-02-15 07:28
Has someone near and dear to you responded with a 'I was only trying to help' after royally messing something up? Have you ever tinkered with a computer, smart phone or something else only to learn it no longer works and you are not sure how to fix it? Our dividend stock investments can suffer the same fate if we provide them with too much of the wrong type of attention...