Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2019-06-14 17:48
- Happy Friday to all Oddballs!Just a quick note that we have published Issue 25 of the Newsletter this afternoon.
- If you are a subscriber, it should be in your inbox right now.
Submitted by ntobik on Fri, 2019-06-14 17:47
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2019-06-14 14:34
- Seeing and Believing in Utility Stocks
- Source: Bespokeinvest The ascension of Utility stocks is perhaps related to plummeting yields in the United States, where the 10-year Treasury now yields just 2.08%.
- Among major European sovereigns, one must venture out to a maturity of 5 years in Italy in to find a positive return.
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Fri, 2019-06-14 13:18
Linked here is a detailed quantitative analysis of Duke Energy (DUK). Below are some highlights from the above linked analysis:
Company Description: Duke Energy Corp. merged with Progress Energy in mid-2012, and is the largest electric power holding company in the U.S., serving more than 7 million customers in six states...
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2019-06-14 12:10
- Unlike high margin tech companies like Facebook or Google, traditional businesses like food manufacturing or general merchandise retail have low margins and therefore will not result in large price-to-sales multiples over the long term.
- At that price, CHWY’s market value is $17 billion.
- General merchandise retailers like Costco, Target, Wal-Mart, and Best Buy all trade for less than 1x annual sales in the public market.
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2019-06-14 10:26
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2019-06-14 08:46
- With its stock in freefall, Mallinckrodt(MNK) announced plans to move forward with a spinoff announced late last year.
- Mallinckrodt stock, which traded for over $130 per share in March 2015, was $62.58 when we wrote about it in November 2015, and $18.67 when we discussed it in December 2018.
- In the last 6 months, it has fallen another… Read More »
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2019-06-14 08:29
- In Part I , we screened out FOXF and GTX and did a deeper analysis of SNA.
- In Part II below, we’ll analyze Cummins, Inc (CMI).
- Cummins Inc. primarily designs, manufactures, distributes, and services diesel and natural gas engines, as well as components like turbochargers.
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2019-06-14 03:41
- Here’s a list of this week’s best investing reads:
- This week’s best investing research reads:
- This week’s best investing podcasts:
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2019-06-14 03:41
- Part of the weekly research here at The Acquirer’s Multiple features some of the top picks from our Stock Screeners and some top investors who are holding these same picks in their portfolios.
- DXC Technology is a vendor-independent IT services provider that started trading in April 2017.
- Joel Greenblatt – 439,744 total shares
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2019-06-14 00:36
- Once the price hits a 20% circuit down, our thesis falls off and we sell (or more critically, we hold and become a long term investor)
• All NBFCs.
- 4) ‘Sell when you need the money’: One of the better reasons to sell actually.
- Also, you should be on Twitter – there are many Stanley Druckenmillers out there who can get in the bottom, and get out at the top..in every single asset class…asset class no bar.
Submitted by VINBot on Thu, 2019-06-13 19:14
- How much time do you take to find a quality stock trading below Net Current Asset Value (NCAV)?
- Do you use an NCAV screener to find the highest quality net net stocks?
- We will then use various yardsticks and drill down into the fundamentals of these companies to find quality cheap NCAV stocks.
Submitted by VINBot on Thu, 2019-06-13 18:21
- There are some fields (e.g. physics) where objective facts carry the day.
- But in fields involving human behaviour, perception is more important than reality.
- In Alchemy: The Dark Art and Curious...
Submitted by VINBot on Thu, 2019-06-13 16:38
- There is a staggering degree of government regulation with any projects of significance.
- Atlantic Power operates a biomass power plant in the northwestern outskirts of Williams Lake, BC , generating up to 66 megawatts of power.
- The BC Environmental Appeals board ruled on April 11, 2019 that Atlantic Power could burn an average of 35% rail ties as its biomass each year, up to 50% on a daily basis.
Submitted by VINBot on Thu, 2019-06-13 15:58
- Why do different people have such dramatically different accounts of the same event?
- Your personal experiences make up maybe 0.00000001% of what’s happened in the world but maybe 80% of how you think the world works.
- These mental models help you perceive the reality in a manner which is closer to the truth.