Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2019-03-01 05:00
- Please check your email (registered in Inoreader) later today for complete communication regarding the new plans and what will happen to your current plan and price!
- That is why as of today, we are releasing completely new plans which we modelled by analyzing our users’ aggregate data in 2018.
- New Professional Feature: Secure Image Proxy
Submitted by VINBot on Mon, 2019-02-18 14:03
- Revenues are expected to fall mid-low single-digits, but EPS is forecasted to decrease much more, as much as double-digit declines for Q2 and Q3.
- With an expected smaller revenue base, these expenses will compress operating margins if they are at levels equal to or higher than last year's.
- Investors should keep an eye on the trends affecting these 3 factors- gross margins, operating expenses, and tax rates as they will be the primary drivers behind net margins which drives net income.
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Mon, 2019-02-18 13:15
Submitted by VINBot on Mon, 2019-02-18 11:18
- I sold my last 40% of PDLI for a 21% gain, making it a total gain of 15% on PDLI in about 9 months.
- Advertisements February 18, 2019
Submitted by VINBot on Mon, 2019-02-18 09:00
- A data-driven and value-focused investment fund publishes some fascinating research in its quarterly letters that we can use to find the best value stock screening ratios.
- All else equal, you would want companies with higher earnings yields.
- Euclidean examined 10 different weightings of the Good Price (using Earnings Yield) and Good Company (using ROIC) ratios over the timeframe from 1973-2012 — much longer than Greenblatt used in his book.
Submitted by VINBot on Mon, 2019-02-18 07:52
- The boom in spinoff activity over the past few years has been aided greatly by the boom in activist investing.
- In this edition of Odds & Ends we check in on some activists.
- Other hedge funds may be shuttering, but it seems this segment remains hot!
Submitted by VINBot on Mon, 2019-02-18 03:50
- We’ve just been watching Charlie Munger at the latest Daily Journal meeting in which he recounts the most important investing trick he learnt from his grandfather, saying:
- His attitude was that a favored life like his, when you’re located in the right place, he just got a few opportunities if you lived to be about ninety, and the trick in coming out well was seizing a few opportunities that were your fair share that came along when they did.
Submitted by VINBot on Sat, 2019-02-16 05:04
- I've been posting most of my entries and exits on Twitter lately.
- Not only does it have a great dividend being a REIT but it is also performing exceptionally well this year.
- These are just some of the stocks I hold and have been trading.
Submitted by VINBot on Sat, 2019-02-16 01:30
- On the earnings call, management stated that grades would be higher in the second half of 2019.
- We’re going to be running a few test stopes longitudinally this quarter, and we’re opening up part of the deposit for longitudinal longhole stoping.
- The part that is hard to reconcile is that Pretium so far has pretty much produced at roughly 80% of the 425,000 oz / year rate (if the mine operated at 2700tpd rather than its higher current rate).
Submitted by VINBot on Sat, 2019-02-16 00:19
- When you write about current events, your work is relevant for a short period of time.
- I am still interested in investment topics, and always will be, so book reviews and articles on broader investment topics are likely.
- I am not planning to write many articles about specific companies in the future.
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2019-02-15 15:04
- The reason I love this Jeffersonian idea is that it eliminates awkwardness from dinner table discussion.
- Here are pictures from these walks.
- But the visit to the van Gogh Museum was not completely wasted, as I had an opportunity to take pictures of Arles rooftops ( see pictures here ).
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Fri, 2019-02-15 14:18
Linked here is a detailed quantitative analysis of 3M Company (MMM). Below are some highlights from the above linked analysis:
Company Description: 3M Co. provides enhanced product functionality in electronics, health care, industrial, consumer, office, telecommunications, safety & security and other markets via coatings, sealants, adhesives and other chemical additives...
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2019-02-15 13:47
- Tollymore Investment Process
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2019-02-15 07:12
- From its spinoff from Biogen(BIIB) in February 2017 to the closing of its acquisition by Sanofi(SNY) in March 2018, Bioverativ’s tenure as a public company was short but profitable.
- From an initial price of $44.98 to the sale price of $105 in cash, Bioverativ stock, trading under the symbol BIVV, increased 133%.
- Not bad for 13 months.
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2019-02-15 04:40
- Here’s a list of this week’s best investing reads:
- This week’s best investing research reads:
- This week’s best investing podcasts: