Submitted by MarketFolly on Tue, 2017-03-28 12:36
- David Einhorn's hedge fund Greenlight Capital has put out a slide deck on its large position in General Motors.
- "Greenlight concludes that,"Creating two classes of common stock will unlock GM's value by forcing the market to appropriately value the dividend and give credit for GM's earnings potential.
- Embedded below is Greenlight's presentation: Unlocking Value at GM:. You can download a.pdf copy here.
Submitted by Dividend Growth... on Tue, 2017-03-28 09:28
The list of dividend champions includes companies which have managed to increase dividends every single year for at least 25 years in a row. This is a very rare occurrence, and is indicative of a company that has a unique business model that withstood the test of time. Only a company with a unique set of competitive advantages can manage to grow the business, maintain its dominant industry position, and shower shareholders with more cash every single year for at least a quarter of a century. As of the time of this writing, there are 109 such businesses in the US.
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Tue, 2017-03-28 07:26
Linked here is a detailed quantitative analysis of Coca-Cola Company (KO). Below are some highlights from the above linked analysis:
Company Description: The Coca-Cola Company is the world's largest soft drink company, and also has a sizable fruit juice business...
Submitted by sajid.karsan on Tue, 2017-03-28 06:54
- Yesterday, STT announced that it was being bought out at a solid premium to its previous price.
- Barely a month ago, it traded for less than 1/3 of the takeout price!
- For another, there have been some management shenanigans: private placements at discounts to market while cash balances were high, shareholder loans to executives, and stock option expiry extensions, just off the top of my head. But at the right price I'm willing to overlook such behaviour, while I suspect some investors aren't.
Submitted by MagicDiligence on Mon, 2017-03-27 07:35
Today we review a company that has grown revenues at a 5-year compound clip of 30% per year, and operating income at nearly 40%. Its underlying market is growing at a robust 20% per year worldwide. It operates in a government-mandated oligarchy, limiting competition. Best of all, the market has not yet discovered and bid it up!
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Mon, 2017-03-27 07:27
Have you ever wondered just where are all the get-rich-now infomercial millionaires? I know several people who have purchased one or more of these get-rich-now kits, but I don't know of anyone who actually got rich from purchasing the kit. Warren Buffett and Bill Gates didn't build their fortunes with a get-rich-now kit. They worked hard built it steadily over time.
Submitted by ModernGraham on Sun, 2017-03-26 15:15
I evaluated 25 different companies this week to determine whether they are suitable for Defensive Investors, those unwilling to do substantial research, or Enterprising Investors, those who are willing to do such research. I also put each company through the ModernGraham valuation model based on Benjamin Graham's value investing formulas in order to determine an intrinsic value for each.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Fri, 2017-03-24 13:28
- The content provided within this blog is property of MarketFolly.com and any views or opinions expressed herein are those solely of MarketFolly.com and do not represent that of any firm or institution.
- MarketFolly.com is not an investment advisor of any kind, so do not consider anything on this page to be legal, tax, or investment advice.
- MarketFolly.com is not responsible for any 3rd party links or content.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Fri, 2017-03-24 13:15
- Reas Halvorsen's hedge fund firm Viking Global has filed a 13G with the SEC regarding its position in Gulfport Energy.
- Per the filing, Viking now owns 5.8% of the company with over 9.13 million shares.
- The filing was made due to activity on March 10th. We've highlighted other recent portfolio activity from Viking Global here.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Fri, 2017-03-24 13:00
- Ricky Sandler's hedge fund firm Eminence Capital has filed an amended 13D with the SEC regarding its stake in Autodesk.
- Per the filing, Eminence now owns 3.6% of Autodesk with 8.01 million shares.
Submitted by Dividend Growth... on Fri, 2017-03-24 09:37
ohn Bogle is an investing legend. He is the founder of Vanguard Group, a $4 trillion dollar mutual fund powerhouse. Vanguard is credited for single handedly rolling out the first index mutual fund in 1976. It gave millions of investors around the world the opportunity to invest at a low cost.
I have read several of his books, and really enjoyed his simple messages. I really liked Bogle's message on keeping costs low, keeping turnover low, staying the course and keeping it simple. I liked the advice the minute I read it.
Submitted by Ken Faulkenberry on Thu, 2017-03-23 14:23
Find quality stocks by combining the gross profitability ratio with valuation metrics. Maybe the best qualitative screen period to find quality stocks.
Submitted by Ken Faulkenberry on Thu, 2017-03-23 14:21
We examine three approaches to finding quality companies using the Gross Profitability Ratio.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Thu, 2017-03-23 12:59
Submitted by Dividend Growth... on Thu, 2017-03-23 09:16
Index investing has become extremely popular in recent years. A lot of new investors have embraced the strategy in recent years. Unfortunately, many investors are embracing the strategy by believing certain myths that are simply not true. I am going to examine several of their problematic thought points, and discuss why they are myths that could hurt those investors in the future. In reality, there is nothing magical about index investing.