Submitted by arohaninc on Tue, 2015-12-01 09:02
We recently exited our position in Global Sources early. This was one half of the relative valuation trade as other better values are now becoming available.
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Tue, 2015-12-01 07:40
Grainger Inc. is the largest global distributor of industrial and commercial supplies, such as hand tools, electric motors, light bulbs and janitorial items. Linked here is a detailed analysis and commentary...
Submitted by ModernGraham on Mon, 2015-11-30 13:46
We evaluated 18 different companies this week to determine whether they are suitable for Defensive Investors, those unwilling to do substantial research, or Enterprising Investors, those who are willing to do such research. We also put each company through the ModernGraham valuation model based on Benjamin Graham's value investing formulas in order to determine an intrinsic value for each. Out of those 18 companies, only 9 were found to be undervalued or fairly valued and suitable for either Defensive or Enterprising Investors.
Submitted by arohaninc on Mon, 2015-11-30 11:25
A list of good values among reasonably high paying dividend stocks that have the ability to sustain and grow their dividends in the years to come.
Submitted by arohaninc on Mon, 2015-11-30 11:14
As we await the first interest rate hike in years, we should take some time to review how this will affect the macro-economic environment and possibly some of the investment decisions we need to make.
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Mon, 2015-11-30 08:59
As we officially head into the holiday season, many of us in the U.S. will get a few days off this week in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday. Though not much is happening at the office, there are still many working for me today. Not people, but my Dividend Stocks. It is great to know while I am relaxing with family and watching the big game, those stocks are hard at work providing me an additional income stream.
Several companies this week provided their shareholders a Thanksgiving bonus in the form of higher cash dividends...
Submitted by sajid.karsan on Mon, 2015-11-30 06:43
- These weren't actually written in 2015, but rather I read them in 2015.
- I went through all the books I read this year, and have ranked them below, as holiday gift ideas for you!
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Fri, 2015-11-27 08:49
Genuine Parts Co. is a leading wholesale distributor of automotive replacement parts, industrial parts and supplies, and office products. Linked here is a detailed analysis and commentary...
Submitted by sajid.karsan on Thu, 2015-11-26 06:04
- This Warren Buffett recommendation is all about how Wall Street works.
- If you're a Buffett follower already, then you likely already know the message the book contains: Wall Street is about self-dealing; that's just how the incentives work in the finance business.
- You're not likely to come out richer after your dealings with Wall Street, which is more about showmanship and generating commissions etc.
Submitted by ModernGraham on Wed, 2015-11-25 12:00
The next edition of ModernGraham Stocks & Screens is now available for premium subscribers!
Submitted by MarketFolly on Wed, 2015-11-25 09:30
Submitted by MarketFolly on Wed, 2015-11-25 09:15
- The content provided within this blog is property of Market Folly and any views or opinions expressed herein are those solely of market folly and do not represent that of any firm or institution.
- Market Folly is not an investment advisor of any kind, so do not consider anything on this page to be legal, tax, or investment advice.
- Market Folly is not responsible for any 3rd party links or content.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Wed, 2015-11-25 09:00
- Mick McGuire's activist firm Marcato Capital Management filed an amended 13D with the SEC recently regarding its position in LPL Financial.
- Per the filing, Marcato now owns 6.4% of the company with over 6 million shares.
- This is up from the 550,000 shares Marcato owned at the end of the third quarter and is mainly due to Marcato exercising call options on November 20th at a unit cost of 20 each.
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Wed, 2015-11-25 07:35
The S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats is the most recognized list of dividend stocks. The Dividend Aristocrats index is designed to measure the performance of S&P 500 constituents that have followed a policy of consistently increasing dividends every year for at least 25 consecutive years...
Submitted by sajid.karsan on Wed, 2015-11-25 06:15
- The Greatest Salesman in the World is a novel about how one can become the greatest salesman in the world.
- The book espouses some principles that will make one a better salesman.
- Those principles seemed fine enough to me, and could apply to anyone in life, not just salesmen.