Submitted by Dividends4Life on Fri, 2015-11-27 08:49
Genuine Parts Co. is a leading wholesale distributor of automotive replacement parts, industrial parts and supplies, and office products. Linked here is a detailed analysis and commentary...
Submitted by sajid.karsan on Thu, 2015-11-26 06:04
- This Warren Buffett recommendation is all about how Wall Street works.
- If you're a Buffett follower already, then you likely already know the message the book contains: Wall Street is about self-dealing; that's just how the incentives work in the finance business.
- You're not likely to come out richer after your dealings with Wall Street, which is more about showmanship and generating commissions etc.
Submitted by ModernGraham on Wed, 2015-11-25 12:00
The next edition of ModernGraham Stocks & Screens is now available for premium subscribers!
Submitted by MarketFolly on Wed, 2015-11-25 09:30
Submitted by MarketFolly on Wed, 2015-11-25 09:15
- The content provided within this blog is property of Market Folly and any views or opinions expressed herein are those solely of market folly and do not represent that of any firm or institution.
- Market Folly is not an investment advisor of any kind, so do not consider anything on this page to be legal, tax, or investment advice.
- Market Folly is not responsible for any 3rd party links or content.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Wed, 2015-11-25 09:00
- Mick McGuire's activist firm Marcato Capital Management filed an amended 13D with the SEC recently regarding its position in LPL Financial.
- Per the filing, Marcato now owns 6.4% of the company with over 6 million shares.
- This is up from the 550,000 shares Marcato owned at the end of the third quarter and is mainly due to Marcato exercising call options on November 20th at a unit cost of 20 each.
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Wed, 2015-11-25 07:35
The S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats is the most recognized list of dividend stocks. The Dividend Aristocrats index is designed to measure the performance of S&P 500 constituents that have followed a policy of consistently increasing dividends every year for at least 25 consecutive years...
Submitted by sajid.karsan on Wed, 2015-11-25 06:15
- The Greatest Salesman in the World is a novel about how one can become the greatest salesman in the world.
- The book espouses some principles that will make one a better salesman.
- Those principles seemed fine enough to me, and could apply to anyone in life, not just salesmen.
Submitted by Ken Faulkenberry on Tue, 2015-11-24 16:24
Disney’s brand and global franchises provide a wide moat and competitive advantages that could last for decades.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Tue, 2015-11-24 13:09
- Launched four years ago, the Sohn London Investment Conference is here again.
- Hedge fund managers will share their latest investment ideas to benefit the research and treatment of pediatric cancer on December 3.
- With the support of the UK investment community, the Sohn Investment Conference has raised more than £53.5 million to date to support pediatric cancer research and treatment.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Tue, 2015-11-24 13:00
- Steve Mandel's hedge fund firm Lone Pine Capital has filed a 13G with the SEC regarding its position in Dollar Tree.
- Per the filing, Lone Pine now owns 5.6% of the company with over 13.19 million shares.
- You can view other recent portfolio activity from Lone Pine here.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Tue, 2015-11-24 12:54
- Ackman bought VRX common stock on October 1st at $178.38 and again on October 21st at $108.13.
- Prior to these purchases, Ackman's cost basis on VRX was somewhere around $190. Shares of VRX have fallen from a high of $260 in August down to as low as $69 recently, before rebounding to $86 currently.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Tue, 2015-11-24 12:50
- Icahn purchased shares throughout October and November via a forward contract with expiry of July 20th, 2017 at prices between $9.63 and $10.66.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Tue, 2015-11-24 12:45
- Jeff Ubben's activist firm ValueAct Capital now owns 10% of Rolls Royce, according to a regulatory filing with the company.
- The company's new CEO Warren East recently issued another profit warning and is laying out his plans to turnaround the airplane engine maker.
- The company has seen some dips in their aerospace segment as customers wait for newer, more efficient engines and airplanes to be delivered.
Submitted by ModernGraham on Tue, 2015-11-24 11:57
We evaluated 24 different companies this week to determine whether they are suitable for Defensive Investors, those unwilling to do substantial research, or Enterprising Investors, those who are willing to do such research. We also put each company through the ModernGraham valuation model based on Benjamin Graham's value investing formulas in order to determine an intrinsic value for each. Out of those 24 companies, only 11 were found to be undervalued or fairly valued and suitable for either Defensive or Enterprising Investors.