Submitted by ntobik on Thu, 2015-07-02 23:01
- The second grant issued in May 2004 to replace the original 1992 grant, was for 8% of the company's shares, and was priced at a substantial discount to book value.
- CEO Saraf's option grants under the 2000 Stock Option Plan had ten year expirations from the date of the grant.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Thu, 2015-07-02 14:02
- Omega Advisors' Lee Cooperman has filed a 13G with the SEC regarding his position in Loral Space & Communications.
- Per the filing, Cooperman now owns 5.21% of the company with over 1.11 million shares.
- The filing was made due to activity on June 25th. We also highlighted some other recent portfolio activity from Cooperman here.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Thu, 2015-07-02 14:00
- Chase Coleman's hedge fund Tiger Global has filed an amended 13D with the SEC regarding its stake in eHi Car Services.
- Per the filing, Tiger Global now owns 30.5% of the company with over 16.66 million shares.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Thu, 2015-07-02 13:55
- The company just completed its IPO and Einhorn and Loeb both acquired more shares.
- Per Google Finance, Green Brick Partners "Is a real estate operator. The Company is involved in the purchase and development of land for residential use, construction lending and home building operations. The Company operates through two segments: land development and homebuilding services. Within homebuilding services segment, the Company has two divisions: Texas and Georgia. The Company's land development segment conducts its business under the brand Green Brick Communities."
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Thu, 2015-07-02 07:38
Nucor Corporation is the largest minimill steelmaker in the U.S., Nucor has one of the most diverse product lines of any steelmaker in the Americas. Linked here is a detailed analysis and commentary...
Submitted by MarketFolly on Wed, 2015-07-01 08:30
- Railroads' competitive advantages are solid, but challenges lie ahead. A brief look at Moody's [Jnvestor].
- Western firms caught off guard as Chinese shoppers flock to web [WSJ].
- Is this the office of the future? A look at WeWork [Bloomberg].
Submitted by MarketFolly on Wed, 2015-07-01 08:00
- On Chinese equities, he notes, "I think the prospects for Chinese companies... some of them are very great. I have changed from Alibaba to JD.com ... JD has an advantage in that it's never had any knock-off problems. We are very bullish on JD now and we have sold Alibaba for it." Our Hedge Fund Wisdom newsletter back in May highlighted that many Tiger Cub funds were betting big on JD. Robertson continues to like Apple but he's not overly concerned about the Watch.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Wed, 2015-07-01 07:55
- Per the amended 13D filing, ValueAct owns 10.3% of WSH with over 18.4 million shares.
- Per the Form 4, ValueAct trimmed its ADBE stake by selling 307,000 shares spread out over June 26th, 29th, and 30th. They sold at prices of $83.55, $82.02, and $82.08.
- ADBE currently trades around $81. After these small sales, ValueAct still owns over 15.7 million shares of Adobe.
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Wed, 2015-07-01 07:41
A stock with a high yield doesn't mean much if the dividend is cut or eliminated, and the stock price declines significantly. Sometimes it is desirable to accept higher risk for a higher yield. Other times we may be accepting higher risk and are not being adequately compensated for the additional risk. What can we do to help gauge the risk of an individual stock? ...
Submitted by ntobik on Tue, 2015-06-30 23:24
- We wanted to create a unique investment conference combining some of the best financial bloggers with microcap companies that deserve to be on your radar.
- You will have the ability to choose between sessions on two different tracks on November 5th. We have dedicated one track to microcap companies so they can tell their story to investors.
- Micro cap experts will spill their secrets on how to find ideas, how to look at companies, how to engage management and more.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Tue, 2015-06-30 12:34
- Nelson Peltz's activist firm Trian Fund Management has filed a 13D with the SEC regarding shares of Pentair.
- Per the filing, Trian now owns 7.24% of the company with over 13 million shares.
- Trian wants Pentair to expand via acquisitions and the Wall Street Journal has more color on their thinking here.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Tue, 2015-06-30 08:30
- Anthony Scaramucci and Gary Kaminsky's Wall Street Week has continued its streak of impressive guests and this week interviewed Bruce Richards of Marathon Asset Management.
- Richards also talked about position sizing, noting that 5% is their max, as they favor diversification and typically build 1-2% position sizes.
- For more great interviews, head to Carl Icahn on Wall Street Week as well as Jim Chanos on Wall Street Week.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Tue, 2015-06-30 08:20
- Larry Robbins' hedge fund firm Glenview Capital has filed a Form 4 with the SEC regarding its stake in Tenet Healthcare.
- Per the filing, Glenview now owns over 14.79 million shares.
- Per Google Finance, Tenet Healthcare is "a healthcare services company. The Company operates regionally focused, integrated healthcare delivery networks in large urban and suburban markets."
Submitted by MarketFolly on Tue, 2015-06-30 08:15
- Matthew Sidman's hedge fund firm Three Bays Capital has filed a 13G with the SEC regarding shares of Cypress Semiconductor.
- Per the filing, Three Bays now owns 5.6% of the company with 18.49 million shares.
- Sidman founded Three Bays after previously working at Highfields Capital.
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Tue, 2015-06-30 08:14
Chevron Corporation is a global integrated oil company (formerly ChevronTexaco) has interests in exploration, production, refining and marketing, and petrochemicals. Linked here is a detailed analysis and commentary...