Submitted by ModernGraham on Tue, 2015-08-04 08:13
Using both the data from ModernGraham Premium Membership and the GuruFocus screener, I've selected 5 NCAV Companies that may be worth further research.
Submitted by ModernGraham on Tue, 2015-08-04 08:07
By using the ModernGraham Valuation Model, I've selected five undervalued companies with a low beta reviewed by ModernGraham.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Tue, 2015-08-04 08:00
- Anthony Scaramucci and Gary Kaminsky this week on Wall Street Week interviewed Marc Lasry of Avenue Capital, which now has $14 billion in assets under management after initially starting with around $7 million.
- Lasry likes to take fixed income risk but generate equity-like returns.
- Avenue is buying assets at 60-70 cents on the dollar from people who are required to sell due to regulatory pressure.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Tue, 2015-08-04 07:58
- Alan Fournier's hedge fund firm Pennant Capital has filed a Form 4 with the SEC regarding its position in Universal Stainless & Alloy Products.
- Pennant still owns 1,082,221 shares of USAP.
- Shares of the company are down over 50% year-to-date for 2015.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Tue, 2015-08-04 07:55
- Joel Ramin's hedge fund firm 12 West Capital has filed a 13G with the SEC regarding shares of Atlantic Power.
- Per the filing, 12 West now owns 5.1% of the company with over 6.2 million shares.
- Per Yahoo Finance, Atlantic Power Corporation "Owns and operates a fleet of power generation assets in the United States and Canada."
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Tue, 2015-08-04 07:52
The Coca-Cola Company is the world's largest soft drink company, KO also has a sizable fruit juice business. Linked here is a detailed analysis and commentary...
Submitted by sajid.karsan on Tue, 2015-08-04 06:32
- Tim Kreider is a cartoonist for the NY Times, among other media.
- Kreider has a talent for being insightful, in my opinion.
- I didn't quite have the introspection to be able to interpret my thoughts as Kreider has been able to interpret his.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Mon, 2015-08-03 08:00
Submitted by MarketFolly on Mon, 2015-08-03 07:55
- Allergan: Formerly Actavis, this company recently sold its generics business for ~17x EBITDA and Third Point thinks the company is poised to grow as a pure-play pharma company.
- Constellation Brands: The next three stocks Third Point has labeled as 'compounders,' or companies that have good management and generate a lot of cash flow that's then allocated wisely to drive returns.
- ROP runs a decentralized strategies and acquires a lot of companies.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Mon, 2015-08-03 07:50
- Larry Robbins' hedge fund firm Glenview Capital has filed a 13G with the SEC regarding shares of HealthSouth.
- Per the filing, Glenview has disclosed a 6.46% ownership stake in the company with over 5.9 million shares.
- You can view additional portfolio activity from Glenview here.
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Mon, 2015-08-03 07:36
Just as picking fruit from a mango tree does not harm it, living off dividends does not damage the investment’s ability to produce future results. A mango tree’s life will easily span an entire generation. Similarly, well-chosen dividend investments will not only provide income in retirement, but can be passed to your children who can continue to reap the benefits.
Below are several select companies that recently decided to reward their shareholders with fruits of their labor in the form of increased cash dividends...
Submitted by ModernGraham on Sun, 2015-08-02 09:05
By using the ModernGraham Valuation Model, I've selected the five undervalued companies for value investors reviewed by ModernGraham with the highest beta.
Submitted by ModernGraham on Sun, 2015-08-02 09:04
Here's a summary of the 16 best stocks for value investors from the week's ModernGraham valuations.
Submitted by MagicDiligence on Sun, 2015-08-02 08:59
Weekly roundup of stocks moving in and out of Joel Greenblatt's Magic Formula Investing screens.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Fri, 2015-07-31 13:25
- Jeff Ubben's activist firm ValueAct Capital has filed a regulatory disclosure in the UK regarding shares of Rolls Royce.
- Rolls Royce in a statement said that, "ValueAct has been an investor before and we constructively engaged with them before ... We have frequent communication with all of our shareholders and meet with major investors on a regular basis ... look forward to engaging with ValueAct, just as we do with all investors."
- ValueAct, as a long investor, is probably looking to capitalize on a turnaround in Rolls' business under new CEO Warren East.