Submitted by Dividends4Life on Mon, 2015-05-25 09:24
I have stated many times that my goal is to create an ever growing income stream from dividend growth stocks. Secondarily, it is my desire to beat the S&P 500 over time. With that said, I rarely look at the capital performance of individual stocks. What I do watch is the ability of the stocks I own to sustain their dividend growth.
This week several companies met their shareholders' goal of higher income with increased cash dividends...
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2015-05-22 11:19
- Buffett said a "Major and carefully crafted expansion" of the EITC is a better answer to leveling the growing wealth gap in the U.S., wherein millions of employees are working, though just scraping by, as the rich get richer.
- "The poor are most definitely not poor because the rich are rich. Nor are the rich undeserving," he said.
- Buffett then notes many citizens are living the "American Nightmare - behaving well and working hard but barely getting by."
Submitted by sajid.karsan on Fri, 2015-05-22 06:19
- New discoveries were pooh-poohed by the scientific community of the time, as these discoveries did not fit into the existing paradigm.
- Since the new discoveries and the theories resulting from them could not be explained by the math available at the time, scientists had a hard time accepting them.
- Faraday's discoveries opened a new door to understanding the mechanism: it is through force fields that travel at light speed that such masses are likely connected.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Thu, 2015-05-21 11:16
- The new Q1 2015 issue of our Hedge Fund Wisdom newsletter is now available.
- Our quarterly newsletter that analyzes what top hedge funds have been buying and selling is currently only $299.99 per year.
- If you'd like to pay via check or soft dollar account, please contact email us: info hedgefundwisdom.com.
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Thu, 2015-05-21 07:34
Omega Healthcare Investors Inc. is a real estate investment trust (REIT) that invests in income-producing healthcare facilities, mainly long-term care facilities located in the United States. Linked here is a detailed analysis and commentary...
Submitted by MarketFolly on Wed, 2015-05-20 12:44
- How aging millennials will affect technology consumption [WSJ].
- Razor thin profits cutting into newspapers' chances at innovation [NiemanLab].
- Debit card data theft via ATM on the rise [Pyments].
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Wed, 2015-05-20 07:26
With the threat of higher interest rates, which could potentially slow the economy, it might be a good time to think about international diversification. This can be accomplished by many different means such as buying a foreign stock, buying an ADR of a foreign company or investing in an international fund. However, one method that is often overlooked is buying large U.S. multi-national companies...
Submitted by MarketFolly on Tue, 2015-05-19 08:00
- All proceeds support the highest priority needs in the field of children's brain and mental health.
- Again, all proceeds benefit children's brain and mental health.
- Limited tickets and exclusive packages are available.
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Tue, 2015-05-19 07:31
Verizon Communications Inc. is the largest U.S. wireless carrier, Verizon also offers wireline and broadband services primarily in the northeastern U.S. Linked here is a detailed analysis and commentary...
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Mon, 2015-05-18 07:26
Payback is the amount of time needed for an investment to earn its cost, undiscounted. Though not very sophisticated, payback can still help you screen for good, solid dividend growth stocks. Once you earn back your investment, some might say you are in a no-lose situation. I wouldn’t go quite that far, but you have found an investment that has provided you a good historical revenue stream, and hopefully it will continue to do so in the future.
Below are several dividend stocks that recently rewarded their shareholders with increased cash dividends...
Submitted by Whopper Investments on Sat, 2015-05-16 12:12
- This week's is a bit different- it's this confidence calibration exercise.
- If you're treating every investment like you're 100% sure when you're only 70-80%, that puts you at risk of blowing up, and if you treat every investment like you're 50% sure when you're 70-80%, then you're leaving a lot of money on the table and will never produce truly outstanding results.
Submitted by sajid.karsan on Fri, 2015-05-15 06:56
- I found many parallels between this industry and investing.
- When it comes to construction, I know next to nothing, so for this reason I wasn't able to enjoy the book to its potential.
- For those with an affinity for this subject, I think the book would be quite interesting.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Thu, 2015-05-14 12:21
- Eashwar Krishnan's hedge fund firm Tybourne Capital has filed a 13G with the SEC regarding shares of On Deck Capital.
- Per the filing, Tybourne now owns % of the company with over 4.25 million shares.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Thu, 2015-05-14 12:15
- Starboard Value's Jeffrey Smith recently appeared on Anthony Scaramucci's rebooted version of Wall Street Week.
- "We look at businesses as to how they can be run better for the long-term. We're looking at how companies can earn more money, be more profitable for the long-term. We're looking to make changes to those companies so they can run better. But we're also willing to ask the shareholders what they think, to provide shareholders with a choice."
- He said if you look at their margins, they're half of their main competitor.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Thu, 2015-05-14 12:00
- Evan Vanderveer and David Shapiro's investment firm Vanshap Capital is out with its first quarter letter.
- In it, they provide an update on their holdings and introduce their newest investment.
- With all the turmoil in Greece, there are bound to be opportunities.