Submitted by MarketFolly on Thu, 2015-05-21 11:16
- The new Q1 2015 issue of our Hedge Fund Wisdom newsletter is now available.
- Our quarterly newsletter that analyzes what top hedge funds have been buying and selling is currently only $299.99 per year.
- If you'd like to pay via check or soft dollar account, please contact email us: info hedgefundwisdom.com.
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Thu, 2015-05-21 07:34
Omega Healthcare Investors Inc. is a real estate investment trust (REIT) that invests in income-producing healthcare facilities, mainly long-term care facilities located in the United States. Linked here is a detailed analysis and commentary...
Submitted by MarketFolly on Wed, 2015-05-20 12:44
- How aging millennials will affect technology consumption [WSJ].
- Razor thin profits cutting into newspapers' chances at innovation [NiemanLab].
- Debit card data theft via ATM on the rise [Pyments].
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Wed, 2015-05-20 07:26
With the threat of higher interest rates, which could potentially slow the economy, it might be a good time to think about international diversification. This can be accomplished by many different means such as buying a foreign stock, buying an ADR of a foreign company or investing in an international fund. However, one method that is often overlooked is buying large U.S. multi-national companies...
Submitted by MarketFolly on Tue, 2015-05-19 08:00
- All proceeds support the highest priority needs in the field of children's brain and mental health.
- Again, all proceeds benefit children's brain and mental health.
- Limited tickets and exclusive packages are available.
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Tue, 2015-05-19 07:31
Verizon Communications Inc. is the largest U.S. wireless carrier, Verizon also offers wireline and broadband services primarily in the northeastern U.S. Linked here is a detailed analysis and commentary...
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Mon, 2015-05-18 07:26
Payback is the amount of time needed for an investment to earn its cost, undiscounted. Though not very sophisticated, payback can still help you screen for good, solid dividend growth stocks. Once you earn back your investment, some might say you are in a no-lose situation. I wouldn’t go quite that far, but you have found an investment that has provided you a good historical revenue stream, and hopefully it will continue to do so in the future.
Below are several dividend stocks that recently rewarded their shareholders with increased cash dividends...
Submitted by Whopper Investments on Sat, 2015-05-16 12:12
- This week's is a bit different- it's this confidence calibration exercise.
- If you're treating every investment like you're 100% sure when you're only 70-80%, that puts you at risk of blowing up, and if you treat every investment like you're 50% sure when you're 70-80%, then you're leaving a lot of money on the table and will never produce truly outstanding results.
Submitted by sajid.karsan on Fri, 2015-05-15 06:56
- I found many parallels between this industry and investing.
- When it comes to construction, I know next to nothing, so for this reason I wasn't able to enjoy the book to its potential.
- For those with an affinity for this subject, I think the book would be quite interesting.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Thu, 2015-05-14 12:21
- Eashwar Krishnan's hedge fund firm Tybourne Capital has filed a 13G with the SEC regarding shares of On Deck Capital.
- Per the filing, Tybourne now owns % of the company with over 4.25 million shares.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Thu, 2015-05-14 12:15
- Starboard Value's Jeffrey Smith recently appeared on Anthony Scaramucci's rebooted version of Wall Street Week.
- "We look at businesses as to how they can be run better for the long-term. We're looking at how companies can earn more money, be more profitable for the long-term. We're looking to make changes to those companies so they can run better. But we're also willing to ask the shareholders what they think, to provide shareholders with a choice."
- He said if you look at their margins, they're half of their main competitor.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Thu, 2015-05-14 12:00
- Evan Vanderveer and David Shapiro's investment firm Vanshap Capital is out with its first quarter letter.
- In it, they provide an update on their holdings and introduce their newest investment.
- With all the turmoil in Greece, there are bound to be opportunities.
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Thu, 2015-05-14 07:23
Waste Management Inc. is the largest U.S. trash hauling/disposal concern. Linked here is a detailed analysis and commentary...
Submitted by MarketFolly on Wed, 2015-05-13 13:44
- The content provided within this blog is property of market folly and any views or opinions expressed herein are those solely of market folly and do not represent that of any firm or institution.
- Market folly is not an investment advisor of any kind, so do not consider anything on this page to be legal, tax, or investment advice.
- Market folly is not responsible for any 3rd party links or content.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Wed, 2015-05-13 13:33
- The most notable takeaway here is that Robertson has become bearish.
- Yusko walks us through the previous times Robertson has been negative, why he felt that way, and what transpired.
- If you missed it, be sure to view Robertson's recent interview as well.