Submitted by Dividends4Life on Tue, 2016-05-24 07:11
Linked here is a detailed quantitative analysis of HCP, Inc. (HCP). Below are some highlights from the above linked analysis:
Company Description: Health Care Property Investors, Inc. is a California based equity-oriented real estate investment trust that has direct or joint venture investments in health care-related facilities across the U.S...
Submitted by MarketFolly on Mon, 2016-05-23 14:37
- More than 20 world-renowned money managers will be presenting their highest conviction ideas in front of 400 of the most prominent family offices, pension plans, and institutional investors in North America.
- All proceeds are allocated to help solve the toughest challenges in children's brain and mental health.
- You can find out more and register at: https://capitalizeforkids.org/.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Mon, 2016-05-23 14:24
- Robert Pitts Jr.'s hedge fund firm Steadfast Capital has filed a 13G on Windstream.
- Per the filing, Steadfast nows 5.1% of WIN with over 4.92 million shares.
- The filing was made due to activity on May 9th and this is a newly disclosed long.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Mon, 2016-05-23 14:24
- Jonathan Auerbach's hedge fund firm Hound Partners has filed a 13G with the SEC regarding shares of Infoblox.
- Per the filing, Hound now owns 6.2% of the company with over 3.6 million shares.
- This is an increase over the 1.93 million shares Hound owned at the end of the first quarter, when they first showed a new long position in the name.
Submitted by Dividend Growth... on Mon, 2016-05-23 12:13
My retirement strategy is focused on building a dividend portfolio of high quality blue chips, which are reliable dividend payers. For my dividend portfolio, I look for companies which can regularly grow their dividends for years. A long record of dividend increases is an indication of a strong business model that produces reliable earnings, revenues and cash flows.
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Mon, 2016-05-23 07:16
If your goal is to accumulate wealth for a comfortable retirement, then there is no risk-free path. Throughout time every angle has been tried and failed. What appears to be a safe investment in a federally insured CD or money market, may not even be covering inflation. Growth stocks don't always grow. The astute conservative investor turns to solid dividend paying stocks with a track record of growing their dividends each year.
Below are several companies that have recently elected to send more cash to their shareholders in the form of increased dividends...
Submitted by sajid.karsan on Mon, 2016-05-23 06:06
- Bank robbers aren't normally the smartest bunch.
- I can't help but wonder why these guys needed to steal.
- I suspect enterprising guys like that could have acquired substantial sums of money, but that's just a guess.
Submitted by ModernGraham on Sat, 2016-05-21 10:09
Out of the multitude of companies, which ones would legendary value investor Benjamin Graham buy today? I've compiled ten great companies that fit the ModernGraham criteria, based on Benjamin Graham's methods. The companies in this list pass the rigorous requirements of either the Defensive Investor or the Enterprising Investor and are undervalued by the market.
Here are the ten companies Benjamin Graham would invest in today:
Submitted by MarketFolly on Sat, 2016-05-21 02:22
- The new Q1 2016 issue of our Hedge Fund Wisdom newsletter is now available.
- Equity analysis of 2 stocks hedge funds have been buying: Find out why.
- New consensus buy/sell lists: See the most popular stocks among hedge funds.
Submitted by ModernGraham on Fri, 2016-05-20 08:26
One popular approach to investing based on Benjamin Graham's methods is to use the so-called "Graham Number." There are some important differences between the Graham Number and the Graham Formula, but using the Graham Number is definitely useful even if the investor only uses it as a screening tactic.
Submitted by ttonca on Thu, 2016-05-19 11:55
Short-form analysis of one of the largest financial services groups in the world.
Submitted by Dividend Growth... on Thu, 2016-05-19 10:07
With dividend growth investing being a very popular method for creating a growing passive income stream for the long haul, many first time investors might feel intimidated by the process of actually building up and creating their own dividend investment portfolio. While I can understand the hesitation and resistance some might feel to wanting to undertake such an endeavor, I can say first hand that the task is not as difficult as some might want you to believe.
Submitted by ModernGraham on Thu, 2016-05-19 07:25
There are a number of great companies in the market today. By using the ModernGraham Valuation Model, I've selected 10 low PE stocks for the Enterprising Investor. These companies have the lowest PEmg (price / normalized earnings) ratio out of all companies reviewed by ModernGraham. Each company has been determined to be suitable for the Enterprising Investor and undervalued according to the ModernGraham approach.
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Thu, 2016-05-19 07:12
Linked here is a detailed quantitative analysis of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (WMT). Below are some highlights from the above linked analysis:
Company Description: Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. is the largest retailer in the world, operating a chain of over 10,000 discount department stores, wholesale clubs, supermarkets and supercenters...
Submitted by sajid.karsan on Thu, 2016-05-19 06:20
- Ender's Game is a novel about human nature, war, ethics and other topics.
- The story is fascinating, but I don't want to talk it about it at all because I think a lot of the joy in this story is in patching all the pieces together by yourself as you read. After I read Ender's Game, I decided to read the prequel and the sequel.
- This link gives you access to all the stories Orson Card wrote about Ender, but I highly recommend reading Ender's Game first before checking out the others.