Submitted by Dividends4Life on Mon, 2020-03-30 13:07
Dividends from a quality, well-diversified portfolio are much more predictable than capital gains and best of all, they are passive. You don't have to do anything, they just…
Submitted by VINBot on Mon, 2020-03-30 06:18
Submitted by VINBot on Mon, 2020-03-30 02:12
- By contrast when the Chinese Government say COVID-19 is highly controlled in China you can believe them because there are Westerners and Western companies throughout China and what you can see (Shanghai and Chongqing as functional cities) comports with the statements and the actions of the Chinese Government.
- You can see the Chinese take COVID-19 very seriously indeed.
- c. The Chinese Government are super-scared of reintroducing it.
Submitted by VINBot on Mon, 2020-03-30 01:16
- Suncor alone can purchase the equity of all the remaining survivors with about half of its market cap.
- Note this isn’t a great comparison since all of these other companies have huge amounts of debt and companies with decent capitalization such as Suncor or CNQ can be patient and wait for them to go on the auction block during CCAA proceedings;
- There are 7 companies remaining with a market cap over $1 billion.
Submitted by VINBot on Sun, 2020-03-29 19:10
- Call to Action: Support the Podcast: If you’re subscribed to the podcast and have been enjoying my content on the podcast, consider giving me a five-star rating and review.
- I need many more ratings and reviews than I have currently received if the podcast audience is to grow.
- Right now I only have about 1-2% […]
Submitted by VINBot on Sun, 2020-03-29 14:38
- Unfortunately,medical practices vary from country to country .
- If a patient has a false positive, the patient and medical staff may not take the necessary precautions to ensure that the patient does not get infected by actual COVID-19 patients in the hospital.
- This is a significant problem in developed countries because citizens have misconceptions about medical testing and aren’t being informed about false negatives .
Submitted by VINBot on Sun, 2020-03-29 13:11
- This created a lot of transactions but was clearly part of the plan.
- The big punch: Covid-19 is MUCH more severe than I initially thought
- That’s why I need to put more thought into understanding the whole thing instead of just buying into my old watch list on down days.
Submitted by VINBot on Sun, 2020-03-29 11:00
- Forward P/E is in line with long term average but that assumes a strong V recovery.
- • Wait for market to fall another, say 30%, and buy high quality companies • Buy now those distressed ones that have fallen a lot
- This category is interesting because I don't think the long-term business is impacted by the virus or a recession .
Submitted by VINBot on Sat, 2020-03-28 19:35
- If you've been a value investor for some time, you might recognize online education provider Perdoceo (PRDO) as it is formerly known as Career Education Corp (CECO).
- CECO appears to have been a bad...
- [[ Please visit site to read more ]]
Submitted by VINBot on Sat, 2020-03-28 03:37
- Even weekly data like jobless claims get priced in before they are released.
- As you can see from the chart above, hourly small business
workers don’t have the money to withstand much time off.
- If jobless claims stay high, we could be looking at the unemployment rate doubling in one month in April.
Submitted by VINBot on Sat, 2020-03-28 02:31
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Fri, 2020-03-27 12:30
Linked here is a detailed quantitative analysis of International Business Machines Corp. (IBM). Below are some highlights from the above linked analysis:
Company Description: IBM's global offerings include information technology services, software, computer hardware equipment, fundamental research, and related financing.
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2020-03-27 10:51
- For quick thoughts and articles I reference, follow my tweets at username @sivaram_v .
- QR code below.
- Now that we have entered a bear market, I'm following it more.
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2020-03-27 09:10
Submitted by VINBot on Fri, 2020-03-27 04:35
- In this week’s episode of the VALUE: After Hours Podcast Taylor, Brewster, and Carlisle discussed Managing Capital In A Downturn.
- Tobias Carlisle:
People are like when we did that one at 1.4 and then by the time it came out, the 10 years at 50 beeps.
- Bill Brewster: