Submitted by ModernGraham on Fri, 2016-08-26 10:52
One popular approach to investing based on Benjamin Graham's methods is to use the so-called "Graham Number." There are some important differences between the Graham Number and the Graham Formula, but using the Graham Number is definitely useful even if the investor only uses it as a screening tactic.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Thu, 2016-08-25 10:06
- Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway has filed a Form 4 with the SEC regarding his stake in Phillips 66.
- Per the filing, Buffett acquired more shares on August 22nd, 23rd, and 24th. In total, he purchased 704,181 shares at weighted average prices of around $77.04 - $78.15.
- Berkshire now owns 79.48 million shares of PSX. We've highlighted in the past how Buffett has been acquiring PSX shares in recent months.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Thu, 2016-08-25 10:05
- Jeff Ubben's activist firm ValueAct Capital has submitted a few filings to the SEC recently regarding his positions.
- The 13D also notes that ValueAct intends to have conversations with management and the board on ways to enhance shareholder value.
- Second, ValueAct Capital has filed a Form 4 with the SEC regarding its stake in 21st Century Fox.
Submitted by MarketFolly on Thu, 2016-08-25 10:00
- We posted his most recent note, Economic Reality recently.
- Now he's released another missive, entitled "Political Reality."
- As the title implies, this one is less investing related and more about the political and economic environment.
Submitted by ModernGraham on Thu, 2016-08-25 09:28
There are a number of great companies in the market today. By using the ModernGraham Valuation Model, I've selected the ten most undervalued companies reviewed by ModernGraham. Each company has been determined to be suitable for the Enterprising Investor according to the ModernGraham approach.
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Thu, 2016-08-25 07:06
Linked here is a detailed quantitative analysis of Leggett & Platt, Inc. (LEG). Below are some highlights from the above linked analysis:
Company Description: Leggett & Platt Inc. makes a broad line of bedding and furniture components and other home, office and commercial furnishings, as well as products for non-furnishings markets...
Submitted by sajid.karsan on Thu, 2016-08-25 06:54
- The Other Guy Blinked is written by Pepsi USA CEO Roger Enrico about a brief period in the 1980s when Pepsi was winning the Cola wars.
- Enrico takes the reader through the Pepsi management meetings where big spending decisions were made in order to best Coke.
- Pepsi made huge market share gains at the time, but following the publication of the book, Coke did gain much of it back.
Submitted by ModernGraham on Wed, 2016-08-24 08:00
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Wed, 2016-08-24 07:14
If your goal is to accumulate wealth for a comfortable retirement, then there is no risk-free path. Yield and risk tend to follow each other. As risk increases, the investor demands more yield to compensate for that risk. Sometimes it is desirable to accept higher risk for a higher yield. Other times we may be accepting higher risk and are not being adequately compensated for the additional risk...
Submitted by sajid.karsan on Wed, 2016-08-24 06:48
- A Wealth of Common Sense is an investment book about simplicity.
- Investors can get all bogged down in the complexity of various investments, but much more important is getting the major decisions right by keeping them simple.
- It's also not a book aimed at stock pickers, but rather those who recognize they don't have the emotional wherewithal to buy low and sell high.
Submitted by ModernGraham on Tue, 2016-08-23 08:51
There are a number of great companies in the market today. By using the ModernGraham Valuation Model, I've selected ten of the best dividend paying stocks for the Enterprising dividend stock investor. These companies have the highest dividend yields among the undervalued companies reviewed by ModernGraham which are suitable for Enterprising Investor according to the ModernGraham approach.
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Tue, 2016-08-23 07:16
Linked here is a detailed quantitative analysis of Omega Healthcare Investors, Inc. (OHI). Below are some highlights from the above linked analysis:
Company Description: Omega Healthcare Investors Inc. is a real estate investment trust (REIT) that invests in income-producing healthcare facilities, mainly long-term care facilities located in the United States...
Submitted by ntobik on Mon, 2016-08-22 11:11
Submitted by ModernGraham on Mon, 2016-08-22 08:45
Out of the multitude of companies, which ones would legendary value investor Benjamin Graham buy today? I've compiled ten great companies that fit the ModernGraham criteria, based on Benjamin Graham's methods. The companies in this list pass the rigorous requirements of either the Defensive Investor or the Enterprising Investor and are undervalued by the market.
Submitted by Dividends4Life on Mon, 2016-08-22 07:20
Dividends from a quality, well-diversified portfolio are much more predictable than capital gains and best of all, they are passive. You don't have to do anything, they just show up in your brokerage account each quarter. Inflation? Not to worry, the good companies routinely raise their dividends well in excess of the inflation rate.
This week as the weather turns cold the dividend increases heat up. Below are several companies heating up their yields with increased cash dividends...